Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tragic events occur when Grant's uncle vanishes during a journey to a forbidden location. When Grant discovers his uncle's fortune has been given to him, he boards a flight to Russia. Upon entering his uncle's home, he finds substantial evidence that could reveal his uncle's actual demise.

As Randall's nephew, his travel objective was to handle his uncle's business. He uncovers hints while reading a few of his uncle's writings and letters, which piques his curiosity. He then gathers a group and decides to enter the enigmatic Zona. All along the way, their experiences are described in depth. They come across animals and plants with unusual traits and prowess. Several difficulties arise, and they must successfully handle them. Read the book Zona: The Forbidden Land to learn if this mission succeeded. In addition to exploring murder, sensuality, issues with trust, and rapid pregnancies, this book also addresses strange events like the characters' anti-aging.

I have high regard for fiction authors after reading this book. This writing displayed exceptional imagination and ingenuity. The scenery, vegetation, and animals, as well as their characteristics and skills, were remarkable. Zona was a magical place to me. While the unique content was incredible, the author did a fantastic job making the book believable. The characters' emotions gave the story more veracity. I enjoyed it primarily because the author's thorough descriptions of the characters, situations, and events gave me a clear image of what was happening as I read it. I experienced mixed emotions of fear and fascination. I also liked the storyline. It also has a ton of puzzles in addition to being loaded with adventures. It was like a trip to explore how the main protagonist put together the evidence. I saw no grammatical problems while reading it, and I commend the editor because the book was exceptionally well edited.

Although this novel came very close to being flawless, the author should still work on structuring his plot. The plot is fantastic, but the author had to repeat himself because the story was sometimes complicated. I found this book less enjoyable in the first two parts, but it improved in the third. It took the book time to become engaging. Also, I had trouble empathizing with several of the book's characters. Irina's function in the story was beyond my comprehension. For these reasons, I'll give Zona: The Forbidden Land a rating of 4 out of 5 stars; I thought this book was fantastic and exciting. The author did a good job. If the book had no flaws, I would have given it a perfect 5.

For lovers of adventures and fiction, this novel is a must-read. They will be drawn into the fantastic universe that Fred G. Baker has built through this book, A place where adventure seekers will savor every moment of exploration. Everyone who appreciates botany or geology should read this book.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

This is an excellent review. This book is an amazing piece. The author took his time to create this masterpiece. You clearly summarized the book without any spoilers. Kudos!
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

A big thumbs up to the author for such a beautiful book. This review is top notch, l noticed how you managed the information with so much dexterity, you didn't give away too much.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

You are right my dear , some plots in the novel sometimes seems complicated because of how the writer structured it . But all the same it was a wonderful read . Nice review though
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

To me being curious is not always the best and make up your mind for challenges whenever you decide to go look for something that is not looking for you.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

The authors vivid imagination was a beautiful and captivating aspect of this story, he made Zona come alive and I really loved this. This book will teach you a lot and I will encourage everyone to get this
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The author's attention to detail in describing the characters' surroundings adds an extra layer of depth to the story. The sexual content is graphic, but it's not gratuitous and serves a purpose in exploring the characters' relationships and motivations.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”