Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

It's an era of technology, cybersecurity, and cybercrime. We, book lovers, always want to read an article that talks more about the trendy and also has some content from the past.

Cynthia and Dan is a novel that features special characters like Cynthia, who plays a secondary role. She was beautiful, smart, skilled, and very hardworking, and the story painted a clear picture of how Cynthia took on the mission of saving the world with some digital techniques and how her love life went. Dan, on the other hand, is another character; he has been dating Cynthia for three years, and the two were so much in a good relationship until the incident that was uncharacteristic happened. Cynthia meets Sky Eastman, and despite their usual good judgment, they end up hooking up while drunk. This decision has some troubling consequences.

I like the writing style and how Dorothy May Mercer narrates the story. The writer talks about what to do if someone doesn't want to have a baby. They don't say if they think abortion is right or wrong, but they give information about ways to prevent pregnancy. This makes the story more interesting and easier for people to understand. The author's explanation of the technology used in the story, including the Cyber War Room and the equipment utilized to intercept and sabotage cyber communications, is excellent.

I don't like the romantic part of the story; it is too predictable, and the way the characters talk to each other can be immature. The end is sudden, and it leaves unanswered questions. The book also has some parts with sex and bad language, which might not be suitable for everyone.

In addition, despite the negative aspects of Cynthia and Dan mentioned above, the article was exceptionally well-edited. There were no typos or grammatical errors, but the text has profanities and sexual content. I would rate the book 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to any reader who wishes to have detailed information about technology and cybercrime.

To conclude emphatically, I must emphasize that the above rating has been given to this article based on the impeccable formatting and grammar exhibited in the writing of this novel. Furthermore, I cannot stress enough how the author's masterful combination of technology, crime, and personal relationships has resulted in a truly enthralling and absorbing read. Based on the points I have mentioned earlier, I can confidently justify my judgment of this article.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Seun Ukanwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 7
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seun-ukanwa.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Seun Ukanwa »

It is the blend of love, romance, technology, and crime for me. All of these elements were well interwoven. The character of Cynthia made the book further interesting.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: Five Keys of Self Love by Hina Yu Cao
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 7%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

I agree with you on the aspect of the predictable romance. It wasn't realistic so everyone could easily tell that this was what's going to happen. Awesome review.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 61
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: I Wonder Why It's Christmas by Esther Ekunola

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

To me romantic normals are interesting, even though there a lot of confusion when In a relationship, but while I read a book like this all I do is learn from it.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Just like you, I didn’t also enjoy the romantic part of this novel, it felt rushed and too fast. It was predictable to say the least and too cliche but the book was a good read. This is an honest review keep it up!
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

Security guru Cynthia and her supposing companion. This book mainly focused on the life of Cynthia but that's okay since their relationship have been extensively discussed in the previous books as I heard.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Hooking up on first date is unique to me and I believe that Cynthia had a very good time with Sky Eastman. I feel her boyfriend would be an understanding man
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

Dorothy May Mercer the author showed her in depth of technology in detailed explanation of cybersecurity in this book, this really appeal to me. Though I must say the romance aspect was not well executed.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

Cynthia's was an overrated character. My best character was Sky and I loved his gentleman qualities. This is a book no one should skip.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"The suspense in this book had me turning pages late into the night. I had to know what happened next, and the author didn't disappoint. The twists and turns were mind-blowing."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”