Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Jerry Spencer »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Imagine a world where it is a crime to raise your kids. In Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill, we join Kim, the protagonist, to experience daily life in a bizarre technological world. Kim works in The Artificial Intelligence Company, a company that monitors and moderates the activities of citizens using advanced technology. Strategically, the company awards grade points to citizens for good behavior and deducts points for bad behavior.

There is a new case in the districts. A group of people known as the Anti-Mentorists group are 'kidnapping' children, refusing to hand them over to mentors, which is the norm. Kim joins the team that is required the bring the Anti-Mentorists group to the books, but there is a twist. Kim happens to be a victim of late submission to her mentor. She still has flashes of her mother. What effect does this have on the mission?

Terms of Service consists of 19 chapters and about 316 pages. From the title, this book illustrates rules and regulations, which are liable to change at any time without notice. Citizens are "customers" and must obey all rules and regulations. Although Kim works with The Artificial Intelligence Company, she hates some of the rules imposed on her. Artificial Intelligence is responsible for choosing important things like meals, and she does not like them. Honestly, I am amazed by this literature. It was the first time I'd read something of this nature, and I liked it.

For many, this book reminds us of post-apocalyptic eras led by artificial intelligence. The level of control humans had over their activities diminished. With the evils in the world, some may see a reason to collect babies from their mothers, but it didn't have to be compulsory. Admittedly, Kim was an amazing character, and it was fun to explore with her. Terms of Service is exceptionally edited. There were no grammatical or punctuation errors.

I rate this book, Terms of Service, five out of five stars. A reader might wonder why the author, Craig W. Stanfill, chose such a title, but the answer is shown even before the first chapter. I liked the feeling the book cover gives. The writing style was easy to comprehend, and the plot was solid. I recommend this book to lovers of science fiction and thriller. I also this book to readers looking for theories on a future ruled by technology.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Chimereucheya Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimereucheya-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Life's ecstasy and eternal struggles by Sandra mayfield

Post by Chimereucheya Okoroafo »

Certainly unexpected. The style of writing in this book os unique. I'm really puzzled by the idea of artificial intelligence controlling human activities to these lengths. I guess there may be something to learn here. Nice review.
You have a life to live. If you ain't living it, that's failure. :tiphat:
Paul Okoroafo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paul-okoroafo.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Paul Okoroafo »

Thrilling to read. Kim's roller-coaster journey was interesting to follow. I was anxiously waiting for the future of her irritations when she wss forced to eat stuff she didn't like. I could see she wasn't totally on-board with artificial intelligence controlling everything even though she worked for them.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

Chimereucheya Okoroafo wrote: 30 Mar 2023, 12:46 Certainly unexpected. The style of writing in this book os unique. I'm really puzzled by the idea of artificial intelligence controlling human activities to these lengths. I guess there may be something to learn here. Nice review.
I liked the writing style too. Thanks for your input.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

This book was really great. The plot play was superb and yiu could really relate with the characters and I think it was nice to be so.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

This book explores the sixth generation of computer. Even as a fiction, AI is the future. I only wonder how Kim managed the overwhelming situation. Nice review.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

Terms of service is an amazing book and the main character in this novel is Kim. She works with an artificial intelligence company and was very dedicated to her work. Read this book you’ll enjoy it
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

This book carries an amazing story and really something unique for the readers. your review is well written and it summarises everything. I hope other readers enjoy it as well. Thank you for the great review.
Charles Jeremiah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-jeremiah.html
Latest Review: Now I See by Sandra Leon Gonzalez

Post by Charles Jeremiah »

Kim was quite the lovable character and I enjoyed watching her show her other side after the Artificial intelligence Company caused her and many others suffer years of depression and loneliness.
Cheryl Erickson
Currently Reading: 3 Sisters 3 Weeks 3 Countries (Still Talking)
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cheryl-erickson.html
Latest Review: The Caroler by Liza Martini
2024 Reading Goal: 24
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Cheryl Erickson »

Honestly, I didn't like reading the sample of this book. But your review encourages me to give it another chance. Plus, I did get pulled into the sample of the second book of this series. So, I will probably start again from the beginning. I like the main protagonist, Kim. Another great review! Super job!
Nmesomachi Ambie
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange trial
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nmesomachi-ambie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Nmesomachi Ambie »

The idea of AI in control of all human activities seems disturbing. However, the level of technology explored in this book is so fascinating.
Stephanie Runyon
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Destiny Hawkins
Favorite Book: The Omicron Six
Currently Reading: The North Factor
Bookshelf Size: 1662
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stephanie-runyon.html
Latest Review: Deadly Sexy Lizzy Vol. 1-3 by Michael Richey
Reading Device: B07R3HTWLN
fav_author_id: 100303

Post by Stephanie Runyon »

I read the sequel Prophecy of A Heron first (I do reviews for another company) and I didn't like how the author made everyone's pronouns female. This book does the same and I found it disturbing to learn that Kim is actually make whereas the premise of this book makes the reader believe Kim is a woman. The AI control of every part of life almost makes humans obsolete. It makes me wonder if that happened, how could I live without a purpose in life? It would diminish my value and I would feel almost parasitic. Great review that left me thinking.
"Facts don't care about feelings." Ben Shapiro
"Don't try to keep up with me, I live on the edge too thin to see." Ryan Upchurch
"See, one man's inconvenience is another's joy." NF

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”