Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Recently, it's been no secret that many individuals in various regions have a strong desire for power, ego, and greed due to their commanding positions. Fred G. Baker's book illustrates the impact of these traits on society.

Zona: The Forbidden Land is a thrilling adventure story with a historical mystery element. It is a science-based article that explores themes of proven and unconventional warriors. The main character, Dr. Grant, faces challenging personal obstacles as he tries to uncover the mystery of his uncle's disappearance. He navigates a complicated relationship with Irina, a woman whose trustworthiness is uncertain, and engages in casual sexual encounters with multiple partners. Dr. Grant travels to the enigmatic land of Zona in Siberia to discover the truth behind his uncle's disappearance and uncover the secrets hidden within this unexplored area. As the team establishes a settlement in an unfamiliar region, they encounter peculiar creatures. The author's vivid descriptions of the land and its inhabitants provide an immersive experience for the reader.

I like this book because, with its writing style, it offers piercing, impactful, and mind-stimulating prose that delivers an unforgettable literary journey. The characters are intricately crafted, and the plot is well-constructed, allowing readers to effortlessly engage with the story.

I don't like this book because of these reasons: There are certain sections within this book that warrant mention due to their content. Firstly, there are depictions of excessive alcohol consumption and sexual behavior, though they are not presented graphically. Secondly, the communication between Grant and the wolves is a central focus but may seem strange and inadequately explained to some readers.

In conclusion, Zona: The Forbidden Land is an action-packed, nail-biting, and heart-racing adventure that awaits in this must-read for lovers of science fiction and thrilling tales. It contains profanity and sexual content with no grammatical or typographical errors, which means it is exceptionally well-edited.

I am giving this book a top rating of 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this book to young adults who are fans of fictional books and adventure stories.

I gave the aforementioned rating to this article for the following reasons: Firstly, I was unable to find any misspellings or grammatical errors, indicating a high-quality work that was well executed. Secondly, I appreciated the author's discretion in not making the sexual scenes overly graphic, which demonstrates both discipline and respect. Given the above points, I am confident in justifying my positive review of this book.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

The reviewer described the book as heart racing and I found that interesting because the reviewer has increased my interest in this particular book.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I agree with you that this book is not the best for the young audience due to the use of alcohol and sexual contents that were used in the story but otherwise the book was a masterpiece.
Katherine Barnabas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-katherine-barnabas.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Katherine Barnabas »

"Zona: The Forbidden Land is an action-packed, nail-biting, and heart-racing adventure that awaits in this must-read for lovers of science fiction and thrilling tales." this part of your review got me in a fit of laughter. You must have really loved this book.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

The book's emphasis on family and loyalty is heartwarming and makes the characters more relatable. The author's storytelling skills are impressive, making it easy to become fully immersed in the story.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I love the creativity of the author. The idea of an imaginary land and also the fact that he came up with the name Zona was something that I can’t wrap my head around.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

The journey which Grant embarked on is something I believe was ignited by love of a family member and a curious part of him.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"The themes of friendship and loyalty in this book resonated with me deeply. The bonds between the characters were so authentic and heartwarming. It left me feeling nostalgic."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”