Review of WIND

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of WIND

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "WIND" by Ellen Dee Davidson.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Even in the world of fairy tales, people still face challenges. Wind is a fictional book by Ellen Dee Davidson that tells the story of two young beings faced with a world where they have to encounter problems and find solutions.

Katie is an introvert who leads a lonely life with just her loyal friend, her parents, and her cat, Sasha. Her schoolmates see her as odd because she claims to hear inanimate objects speak and communicate with her. However, Katie does not want to believe this truth. One day, she neglects a warning by Sasha about impending danger and gets swallowed up in an earthquake in her house. Amidst the turbulence, she meets a strange being who is lost too. They are terrified and search for a means to return home. However, to return home, they have to team up and solve the problem of the universe. Will they be able to team up? How dangerous will this quest be? Grab a copy of the book to find out.

The book contained strange and mystical creations created out of the author’s imaginative mind. The author was careful enough to adequately describe each object, event, being, and character so that readers could easily picture them and enjoy the reading more. The author brought the readers into his imagination and turned this fictional story into reality. The authors created a unique blend of characters that included both human beings and other beings from other parts of the universe. It was more than a simple fairy tale. The book also contains some songs that children will love.

Wind by Ellen Dee Davidson is a children’s fiction book that features friendship, adventure, mystery, loyalty, and unity. The book contains 172 pages and 24 chapters, and each page has twists, turns, and thrills that will keep readers on the edge of their seats without wanting to stop reading. The book contains real-life lessons and subjects that readers can learn from. One significant example would be teamwork. Katie, an introvert, is forced to team up with Za, an extrovert and obnoxious being from another world. They experience, learn, and understand that unity would keep people together, but divisions would only spoil things. The book also raises critical issues like scattered and broken families and their effects on children.

There is nothing to dislike about this book. It had a captivating and rich storyline that everyone would enjoy. It also had perfect characterization and an intriguing cover page. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars. The book was professionally edited, as I found a few errors while reading.

I recommend this book to young children aged seven and above. Adults can also read this book to younger children, and even adults can enjoy the rich contents of this book. It was a splendid read.

WIND
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

This sounds like a powerful adventure book. It promises so much fun and excitement that I am really looking forward to reading it. Thanks for the invite through your review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Although I'm not a fan of children books, I can deduce from the review that the book is engaging and educative at the same time. This is a nice review.
Selmuq Voruma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-selmuq-voruma.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Selmuq Voruma »

The challenges faced by heroes in fairy tales are what make them interesting to read. In the case of Kathie, I believe being swallowed up in an earthquake will be a defining moment that might alter her life. Your review has given me enough reason to read this book.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Such an incredulous, yet captivating story.
Katie and her cat must be special to possess such incredible gifts.
I hope Katie found her way back and save the universe eventually. Great review!
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

A book with mystical beings and animals that talk is absolutely intriguing to see. Well done on this insightful review.
Jerry Spencer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

I love adventure stories and this one seems joyful. Za is an intriguing character. I'd love you read this book. Thanks for the review and the recommendation.
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

I like stories that blend adventure with life lessons, and I think this is a great blend for children as well. You get to grasp lessons from the journey of the characters while enjoying the adventure. It is an exciting way to learn. Great review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

One would not think that this book just by the mere name contained such a wonderful story. I really love adventurous books. I'm looking forward to reading it. Nice review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

One would not think that this book just by the mere name contained such a wonderful story. I really love adventurous books. I'm looking forward to reading it. Nice review.
Jerry Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-anozie.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Jerry Anozie »

Spending time on this book is worth it. From the cover page I could feel the impact of this book. I am looking forward to start reading it. Thanks.
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

This sounds like an interesting children book. I’m curious to know how Katie and this strange being from another world will be able to solve the planet problem and return home. Thanks for the great review.
Ekaete Bruno
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

I've not gotten a chance to read this book. It seems interesting and now I have this zeal in me to do my best to get my hands on it.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

This book will take readers on an amazing adventure. I would love to know the outcome of Kate's quest and see if they were successful in their mission. Thanks for an amazing review.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

I appreciate the reviewer's honesty about the book's length. It's helpful to know that the book is quite lengthy, but still worth reading for its educational value. Keep it up on this quality review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”