Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Together with her human mother Missy and other family members, cat detective Inca travels to South Korea. Missy was approached by the French culinary school Cordon Bleu Cookery to showcase her recently created cheese and to serve as a judge for a competition between South and North Korean chefs. They faced two substantial challenges along the way. First, Missy's freshly made cheese was stolen. Ye-Jun, Missy's tour guide, is also forced to live apart from his sister because of restrictions and laws set out by the government.  Can they get through these difficulties? To learn more, pick up a copy of R.F. Kristi's book, Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula.

As readers turn the pages of this skillfully written children's book, they get increasingly interested as they wonder what will happen next. It teaches readers about the geography, people, and culture of Korea and is highly informative. The reader will pick up some important knowledge regarding the links and relationships that exist between humans and animals, including love and companionship. The group's mutual defense of one another was always Inca's priority.

My favorite part of this book is the segment where the author briefly explains the Korean Peninsula. This information helped me understand the Korean Peninsula better. Reading this book was enjoyable. It has a compelling plot. Another thing I like about the book is that they have a human mother; that made the book even more interesting, and I did not want to put it down. I appreciated how the author used clear, succinct language. It simplified the understanding of this text. I found this book to be more enjoyable because of the vivid and engaging visuals. The characters were perfectly conveyed. Teamwork, bravery, and camaraderie are some of the topics covered in the novel. The surroundings were authentic.

This book is flawless, and I have no complaints about it. I had a great time reading this book. The novel was highly mysterious, which kept me engaged. It was a lovely setting. The writing style reflected realism. As I couldn't find any mistakes in the book, I must commend the author and editor for a job well done, for the book was exceptionally well edited.

I rate this book five out of five stars. It was interesting, easy to read, and entertaining. It met all the requirements for a quality children's book. I recommend this book to children of younger ages. Also, adults who enjoy reading children's books and anyone who likes reading books about animals will have a great time reading this book.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Inca is one of my favorite character. I love how she treated her human mom. Good book for all children. Good job.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

This is a captivating review written about Inca and the cat detective novel series. How did the group of cat detective help solve the case of the missing cheese? How did they unite Ye-Jun with his family in Korea? I would love to know more about these questions asked.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

This book is extremely captivating. Inca is an absolute favourite. Great book for kids. Nice review and good job.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

I always enjoy reading children's books. And I even find this one more interesting after knowing Inca's mom is human. I enjoyed reading your review.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

One of my favorite characters is Inca. I adore the way she handled her human mother. Excellent book for kids of all ages. Well done.
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

Inca is my favourite character in this book. Great book for kids and enjoyable to read too. Great review and thumps up.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

It's great to hear that the book was well-edited and error-free. That's always a sign of a quality read. I enjoyed reading this review
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Wow this write up shows that you gave it a fair chance and were objective in your review.
I completely agree with you on the importance of surrounding oneself with inspiring people to achieve success. Your comment on this was very insightful.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

The fact that the book made you reconsider your own beliefs and question the role of religion in the world is a testament to its thought-provoking nature. Good review
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Oh, Inca is my favorite character in this book. She made me love the book. Getting to know that a human played the role of their mom made me love the book even more. Great review.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

"Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi is a well-written and enjoyable children's book that teaches readers about the geography, people, and culture of Korea, while also highlighting the relationship between humans and animals. I particularly enjoyed the clear language, engaging visuals, and compelling plot. Great review
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

This is an excellent review that does a great a job of capturing the essence of the book and conveying its importance. I would definitely consider reading this book base on your recommendation . great review.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

I do enjoy reading children's books and this one won't be an exception.From your review I can tell this book will be an interesting one. Good job.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html

Post by Uche Active »

The cats are at it again. I would not want to give spoilers. So, I will advise readers to read and enjoy this great story. Thanks to the reviewer for an amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”