Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kenn Nyet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenn-nyet.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Kenn Nyet »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa by Tina Dreffin is a book with a story that interests me. People have a natural love for different things. While some love reading, others might love sports or travel. Tina is an individual with a love for seeing the world. She held onto this love until she met her husband after quitting her job, mainly due to sexual harassment. Luckily for her, Peter, her husband, shares the same level of passion for travel as herself. This couple and their two boys resolved to explore the world through the sea. They paid for a boat in South Africa and decided to take delivery of it by cruising from South Africa to North America. Read this book if you would like to know about their encounters in this adventure and if they succeeded in driving a boat from Africa to America.

I know from history that sea travel has many challenges and has never been an easy endeavor. When I discovered from the first few chapters that this book was about a family traveling from Africa to America, I became more interested in knowing about the hurdles they encountered and how they overcame them. 

The thing I liked about this book was the wealth of knowledge the author has about seafarers and life on the sea. Reading this book made me interested in wild and sea life because the author combined stories from both adventures in this book. I also like reading some of the philosophical quotes littered throughout the pages of this book. The best for me was the one from Richard Bach, which says, "What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the master calls the butterfly."

I dislike the ending part of this book. I once heard someone say that the truth should not surface in the making of a beautiful story not worth reading. The reality and truth at the end of this book are what I don't like. I wish this book had an alternative ending.

The editing of this book is commendable and professionally done because I encountered a few errors while reading through it. I give the author credit for using easy-to-understand words in the writing of this book. I can also confirm that the character development in this book was well executed because the author took time to develop each of the characters. Considering the above, I am awarding this book a four out of five stars rating.

I recommend this book to anyone interested in visiting wildlife in Africa. Also, seafarers and anyone interested in sea travel will find this book insightful.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

Bluewater Walkabout is an interesting memoir about Tina's experience. I am glad that she was able to live her dreams, despite being married with two kids. Nice review.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

Despite the emotional damages, Tina luckily found a man and a home that is happy and matches her energy for adventures. This expendition went in cycle; from enjoyable to scary and like that. I also agree with you about the ending part.
Oluchi Samuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluchi-samuel.html
Latest Review: Original Wisdom by Donna Bond

Post by Oluchi Samuel »

I loved reading about the different adventures Tina Dreffin and her family embarked on in Africa; they were quite entertaining. Thanks for the interesting review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

This is an interesting story of a family who set out to travel from South Africa down to America aboard a boat. I enjoyed every part of this beautiful book.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Bluewater Walkabout is highly recommend for readers who enjoy travels and seeing the world just like Tina Dreffin. I enjoyed reading your review.
Ikechukwu Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechukwu-blessing.html
Latest Review: ChatGPT for Entrepreneurs by Steven A. Ridder

Post by Ikechukwu Blessing »

One prominent thing I love about this book is that it is full of information that can be relevant to the reader. I got to value family and relationship.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

Wow, amazing review. I would love to know more about Tina and the adventure she had with her husband

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”