Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Max Tiffany »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's memoir, A Dream for Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir, recounts his legendary quest to free his people, the Algerians, from their colonial oppressors. The author tells the story of his childhood in his hometown, his drive for education, and his travels to study medicine overseas. He became enthused to aid his people, the Algerians, in achieving independence from the French colonizers when he was a student. In addition, he made contributions to science, rose to prominence in history, fell in love, and wed Titi. He also took part in several diplomatic missions to spread love and peace across the world.

I had strong emotions while reading this book and came to understand the importance of a mother's love and prayers for her children. The way his mother treated him, making sure he was safe and aware whenever he was harmed, was described by Dr. Ghoulem. His mother's support and prayers, in my opinion, gave him courage and influenced his love for his people. As a freedom warrior, the author remembered how he excelled in school and attained his dream of being a brilliant scientist who conducted groundbreaking scientific research. In addition, as I read about how he wed Titi, I could picture what he went through while waiting, yet he didn't give up on his love for her. He preached peace and demonstrated it by being religiously tolerant; he fully revealed his religious status, and I discovered that he came from a strong Muslim family, married a Christian woman, and supported her while still being a loyal Muslim.

Several life lessons may be drawn from Dr. Ghoulem's experiences in this book, including his perspective on love, his pursuit of knowledge, his tolerance of different religions, and his understanding of different cultures. My comprehension of the book improved when I noticed that vintage photographs of specific occasions were incorporated to support his stories. Also, each chapter ends with a much-needed inspiring phrase, and even though this book is an autobiography, the story was conveyed more engagingly.

Although the book may seem lengthy, as I began to read it, it became more and more interesting to me. The book was well written and edited, and it is jam-packed with knowledge and lessons. I have nothing negative to say about this book and didn't detect any errors. I rate this book five out of five stars, and commend the author and editor for doing excellent work.

No profanity is used in this book, which I recommend to everyone. Every person who wants to change the world can apply some of the acts and choices the author makes in the book.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Dr. Berrah is quite an admirable man. He lived an exemplary life that a lot can learn from. He did a lot of work and his impact can never be eradicated.
ELI MESHACK
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eli-meshack.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by ELI MESHACK »

I admire Dr. Berrah's bravery in trying to bring freedom to his people. He is a role model that every leader would be inspired. Awesome review here. Well done.
Friederic Schröder
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-friederic-schr-der.html
Latest Review: Tangled Branches by William Bailey

Post by Friederic Schröder »

Dr. Ghoulem is an interesting man to learn about, his attributes are worth gold. He is a man who stood in the gap between good and evil and I admire his courage. Great novel.
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

This book has a good plot that captivates my interest and I look forward to reading this book. Nice review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 131
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is an interesting memoir about a man who passionately sought for peace with his life. I enjoyed the read.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Learning about Dr. Ghoulem is fascinating; he possesses qualities that are priceless. I am inspired by the courage of this man who stood in the space between right and wrong. Fantastic book.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I appreciate Berrah's tolerance of many religions. Evidence in their living situation of his wife, Titi, because he is Muslim while his wife is a devoted Catholic. He was a public servant to African people, which is very respective. Your review is wonderful.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

I really liked your review. I believe it gives a true idea of the book. I like how a mother's love can be so important. The author must feel the same if explored the topic. Fab review.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Dr. Berrah's memoir is one of my favorites on subjects concerning the fight for freedom and also for your country.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

Dr. Berrah has led an impactful life which is why he could write the memoir of his life. I hope many world leaders can learn from him.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: Heart and Harmony: Poetic Reflections on Legendary Singers by Archie Luper

Post by Obc Contentor »

Ghoulem seems to have done alot in his lifetime. What an exceptional being he is.
Nicky Rita
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nicky-rita.html
Latest Review: Burn Zones by Jorge P. Newbery

Post by Nicky Rita »

The message of "Dream for Peace" is one that can be applied to all aspects of life.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”