Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cynthia and Dan, Cyber War is a captivating novel with a captivating tale of love, passion, and cyber warfare. The story revolves around Cynthia and her brother, Glenn, who recruited a team to wage a cyberwar against terrorists who use social media to recruit young people worldwide. Cynthia works as a part-time receptionist for Senator McBride, but she also serves as his chief of security, bodyguard, and investigator, working undercover to ensure the senator's safety.

The book's plot is intricately woven around the lives of four major characters, including Cynthia, Glenn, Dan, a police officer, and Sky, whose true identity remains questionable. The author portrays Cynthia as a highly intelligent, smart, and security-conscious lady who falls in love with a complete stranger, Sky, which makes for an interesting and unexpected twist in the story.

Throughout the book, Mercer creates an air of suspicion around Sky's character, leaving readers puzzled and curious about his true identity. Each chapter is crafted with skill and care, building on the suspense and intrigue that drive the plot forward. The book is a page-turner, leaving readers anxious to know how the story will end.

Mercer demonstrates an impressive understanding of the world of cyber warfare and provides a fascinating insight into cyberspace. The book is well-researched, and readers can learn a lot about cybersecurity from the author's extensive knowledge of the topic. The story is also well-synced, making it a great read for anyone interested in cyberspace.

The novel consists of twenty chapters, each with its own unique sub-heading, which Mercer carefully crafted to ensure that each character's story is properly intertwined. The author meticulously brought all the characters together at one point, creating a satisfying and engaging conclusion to the book.

In terms of the book's editing, I did not come across any grammatical errors while reading the book, which indicates that it was professionally edited. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars as it is intriguing, captivating, and enlightening, making it a delight for anyone who enjoys a good thriller. I did not find anything to dislike in it.

In conclusion, Dorothy May Mercer's novel is a masterpiece of cyberwarfare, romance, and intrigue, expertly crafted to keep readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish. Mercer's impressive knowledge of the cyber world, combined with her writing skills, creates a compelling and thrilling story that is impossible to put down. Anyone who loves a good thriller or is interested in cybersecurity will thoroughly enjoy this book.

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Cynthia was able to juggle how multiple tasking positions well. I was definitely suspicious about Sky and what his intentions are. Great review.
Conrad Writes
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-conrad-writes.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Conrad Writes »

Cynthia seems like a character that is willing to sacrifice all she has for her loved ones. All her duties and responsibilities are demanding tasks which would require most of her time and energy. I guess I can relate to her in some way.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I'm also interested in Sky's persnaity and everything it's about. Your review makes me want to start reading immediately. Thanks for an interesting review.
Jerry Spencer
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jerry-spencer.html
Latest Review: I Said, "I Am A Nun" by June A Ramsay

Post by Jerry Spencer »

Cyber crime is of growing importance in the world today. I like how this book goes about the matter. Cynthia is an intelligent character and she's dedicated to her job.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer is an interesting book with a stories that mixes romance, adventure and terrorism. I enjoyed the read.
Kizito Shelby
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kizito-shelby.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Kizito Shelby »

Dan was the most useless character in this book. I really didn't like him at all. He was spineless and pompous and that didn't seem like someone serious.
Natasha Kim
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-natasha-kim.html

Post by Natasha Kim »

Cynthia is quite multi-talented. Handling more than one job. I'll love to read this book. A mixture of romance, suspense and curbing cyber crime sounds captivating. Thanks for your review.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This book's summary is captivating and intriguing. The author did justice in making it an amazing book indeed. Thanks for a wonderful review. Good job.
Francis Ignacio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chimaobi-ignatius-egenti.html
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker

Post by Francis Ignacio »

Good piece of review. You wrote what you liked and disliked about the book. The book seems very intriguing and I'd like to know what happened at the end of it. Good job.
Latest Review: Jack by J.S.Parker
Chinedum Chijioke
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: The Fairy Tale of Peckham Rye Park by MeM Tekari

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

I have a keen interest in understanding Sky's persona and exploring its intricacies. Cynthia appears to possess a strong character trait of selflessness, where she is willing to make significant sacrifices for the well-being of her loved ones.
Oceegee Chika Oroke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oceegee-chika-oroke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Oceegee Chika Oroke »

This story is interesting. It reveals a new tactic to building and funding terrorist activities: the use of social media. It appears the author invested a lot of time and resources in giving her characters the best possible qualities to handle their various tasks. The cooperation between Cynthia and Glenn is truly interesting as the two of them drove the plot forward.
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

I read most of the book because of the intriguing ideas it presented. Cynthia's love triangle makes use of the love theme as a metaphor. This novel fascinated me, and I truly liked it. The short novel will captivate readers and leave them wanting more. good review
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

I read this story not too long ago, and I find it puzzling how a trained secret agent fell in love with a stranger at first sight. Geez.. Amazing review though.
Kelvin Modilim
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-modilim.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Kelvin Modilim »

With meticulous attention to detail, the book explores the symbiotic relationship between cyber capabilities and acts of terrorism, shedding light on the emerging threats that challenge our digital infrastructure and global security.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”