Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Another thriller written by Dorothy May Mercer is E M P Honeymoon: Kelly & Tom. Washington, D.C., the Homeland, and Honduras serve as its settings. It highlights how far the US military has come technologically.

Kelly and her husband, Tom, are on their honeymoon. Kelly discovers a terrorist base on the Honduras island where they are on their honeymoon while Tom is away on a cruise. This one action transforms their entire honeymoon into an investigation. Cynthia sends two of her top intelligence operatives to assist on this assignment while Kelly and Tom are investigating this recent mystery. They eventually run into Steve, a CIA operative undercover, and team up as Team USA. Dear Leader (DL) recruited an army at Homeland that was secretly developing nuclear weapons that would be used against Kansas City. Can they stop these terrorist attacks? Who is the true protagonist of this book? Grab this book to learn how things turn out.

The pace of the book was maintained the entire time after an exciting beginning. It was brief, humorous, instructive, and suspenseful. Because the book is written in plain English, its vocabulary is accessible to readers of all ages. The storyline is intriguing and current. The book has a neat arrangement with chapter and scene transitions that are properly labeled. Because of the author's descriptive prowess, which clearly illustrates each scenario, readers may easily immerse themselves in the narrative as it happens.

The dialogues in this book are honest, and the characters are well-developed. I adored how the intellectual diversity of Team USA was displayed. It was well-balanced, and each person's abilities were used to their full potential during the task. I thought the beginning of Sharon and Steve's relationship was sweet. It was serene and gentle. I can't help but point out how much more this book confirms Cynthia's brilliance. Are Cynthia and Dan still fresh in your mind? Please purchase the book if you haven't already done so. In this novel, the author solidified the bond between Sky and Cynthia. Another excellent point that I cannot help but remark on is Kim Jung Lo's brave performance.

I appreciate the author's inclusion of Professor Peter's live interview, in which he warned of the US's vulnerability. I found the facts he provided on electro-magnetic pulses (EMP) to be bizarre. I gained knowledge of solar flares. Also, the president's address and the studio guys' criticism of the first lady's fashion sense give the entire book a touch of realism.

There is nothing I dislike in this book. It is exceptionally edited, and no errors were found in it. I rate this book five out of five stars. I suggest this book to anybody who enjoys technological fiction and suspenseful action thrillers.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

After Kelly discovered a terrorist base on the Honduran island, their honeymoon turned into an investigation. I can't help but compliment the author for putting down this masterpiece.
Oputu Dora Timi-Ebuoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oputu-dora-timi-ebuoh.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Oputu Dora Timi-Ebuoh »

This is an engrossing story about a group of ordinary people uncovering terrorist plots to destroy North America. Dorothy May Mercer's E.M.P. Honeymoon is a spellbinding and enticing book in the McBride series that will have you glued to your seat at the start of each page. It was disheartening to see the newlywed couple put their lives on hold and make the enormous sacrifices they did for their country's peace and security. This is an interesting piece anyone will enjoy.
Book owly
Favorite Book: The Raven Boys
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arakhsh-qanit.html
Latest Review: Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Book owly »

I have read reviews about the book alot but I haven't read it yet. Seems like I am gonna have alot of fun reading the book. Great review tho , nice job.
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

From Romantics bro Thriller.... This is great sacrifice anyone can offer.

What a great book to have on shelf. Wonderful review
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer has a great plot that piqued my interest and the characters are fascinating I had a wonderful time reading this book. Nice review.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

I will like to discover who the protagonist is in this book. The honeymoon was disrupted and later turned into an investigative trip. This book will be a combination of romance and thriller, can't wait to read it. Nice review!
Fergie Jess Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jess-edeni.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Fergie Jess Edeni »

Their honeymoon became an investigation after Kelly found a terrorist base on the Honduran island. I have to congratulate the author for producing such a work of art. Nice review
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

One of the captivating things in this book is the sacrifice of this couple. I love how they fight for their land. Good job.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Nowhere to Hide by Jude Austin

Post by Merits Anih »

The mention of the beginning of Sharon and Steve's relationship being sweet makes me intrigued to know more about their characters. The reviewer's appreciation of Cynthia's brilliance and the bond between Sky and Cynthia adds an exciting dimension to the story.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

The sacrifice in this book is huge and only a few people can take such a risk. I love how these people defended their country. Good job.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Kelly and her husband, Tom are such a wonderful couple. They went for enjoyment but later abandon it and fought for the safety of there country. Good job.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

I also like how the intellectual diversity of Team USA was portrayed, making it a well-balanced and realistic representation of a team. It's great to hear that the inclusion of factual information on electro-magnetic pulses and solar flares made the book both informative and entertaining.
Michael Browny
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michael-browny.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Michael Browny »

Your careful mention of the president's address and the studio guys' criticism of the first lady's fashion sense shows how the book incorporated realistic events to enhance the story's authenticity.
David Offdavis
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-offdavis.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by David Offdavis »

I agree with the reviewer that the author's descriptive prowess made it easy to immerse oneself in the narrative and visualize the scenes. Your praise of the well-developed characters and honest dialogues is impressive and makes me curious to read the book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”