Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nisha DSouza
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 160
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Review of Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress

Post by Nisha DSouza »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress" by Gustavo Kinrys, MD.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Recently I read this funny quote by an unknown writer, and I could not help but laugh. It goes like this, “Me: What could possibly go wrong? Anxiety: I’m glad you asked.” While that is funny, the topic of anxiety and stress is not. Due to our increasingly fast-paced lifestyle, stress and anxiety have become a part of our lives. Will I be able to finish the task my boss assigned? How will I handle my anger? What if I have an anxiety attack at the office party? Thoughts like these are constantly troubling many people. They suffer from stress and anxiety-related disorders, but the worst part is that they are unaware of it.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD, is a comprehensive guide to dealing with this topic. It answers questions like: What are stress and anxiety? What are the symptoms? How to overcome fears or phobias? What are the ways to treat insomnia? The author discusses various natural, nutrient-based, and herbal-based remedies to treat anxiety and stress-related disorders. Furthermore, he shares alternative, non-invasive therapies to deal with pain and other symptoms of stress. The book mentions the myriad benefits of herbs, such as Chamomile, Lemon balm, Gotu Kola, Ashwagandha, Brahmi, etc. It even provides a respectable list of foods that could positively influence mental and emotional well-being. Most of this information is well-presented in simple terms. Of course, it also has some medical jargon. However, it is understandable if you consider the topic at hand.

I admire the ability of the author to convey so many facts without making them uninteresting. He provided sufficient details to understand the topic and then moved on to the next one. He suggested many ways to deal with stress, laughter being one of the methods. For those who do not know, when we laugh, our body releases endorphins or happy hormones, which help alleviate body pain. Another crucial step to dealing with stress is to accept and take responsibility. The author stated, "Take responsibility for your own stress by admitting that your reactions are the problem and that these reactions can only be solved by you and no one else." Now, that is a powerful statement, and it gives you control over your stress.

There were a few things I did not like in this book. I found quite a few repetitive statements within the same or consecutive pages. For instance, the preface and the introduction have almost identical opening paragraphs. The entire book talks about ways to deal with stress and anxiety naturally. The author could have shared his experience of treating patients using these methods. That would have made people more receptive to this kind of information. Without that, it feels like mere research material gathered from various sources, followed by a list of warnings.

Considering all these points, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I deducted one star because I felt the testimonies from patients, who have benefitted from these methods, would have gone a long way to gain the complete confidence of the readers. I also found a few errors in the book, so I would not say it was well-edited.

I enjoyed this book a lot for all the knowledge it provided. I prefer natural healing to pill-popping, which always has side effects. So, I recommend this book to like-minded readers and people in the medical profession. I would especially recommend it to people who suffer from stress and anxiety-related disorders.

Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I read this book a while ago and remember it did sound a bit academic but informational nonetheless. I love that laughter is fun AND good for you. :D
Thank you for your thorough review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Omneya Shakeep
Favorite Book: Catching Genesis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 162
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omneya-shakeep.html
Latest Review: The Movie Chair by Shari Borkin

Post by Omneya Shakeep »

This seems to be an informative book. I appreciate your detailed description of the book. Great job!
"Those who feel grateful, and are eternally generous, experience life at its richest."
Rob White.
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I admit I have insomnia from time and time. And having this is not easy when the next day you have important things to do; I can't focus. A book that teaches natural meds is a great help for all those people having this issue, especially me. But you mentioned some herbs but it's uncommon to me. I hope it's accessible. I enjoyed your review, it's superb!
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Seetha E
Currently Reading: The prodigy slave
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-seetha-e.html
Latest Review: The Reverend Psychopath by Dr Andrew Rynne

Post by Seetha E »

This feels like a little gem in today's times where even a 3 year old seems stressed. Looks like the books will be a nice helping hand to those seeking help and mainly for those who are around anxious and stressed people.
Nice review of the book Nisha. The review pretty clearly explains what one can expect from this book.
Larissa_Ds
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Larissa_Ds »

Great information on natural remedies for anxiety. You can use this book as a compliment to what your doctor says to do.
The contents of this valuable book include a survey discussion of anxiety disorders with an excellent description of symptoms of both anxiety and depression followed by a very sound discussion of many vitamin and herbal resources in detail as well as advice on breathing exercises, diet monitoring, Yoga, exercise, acupuncture, aromatherapy, music therapy, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation, biofeedback and more. All of this is related in accessible common language that is easy to understand and incorporate. Highly recommend!
Nisha DSouza
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha DSouza »

MsH2k wrote: 26 Mar 2023, 17:00 I read this book a while ago and remember it did sound a bit academic but informational nonetheless. I love that laughter is fun AND good for you. :D
Thank you for your thorough review!
Thank you, Donna, for stopping by and for your kind words. 😊🙏
Nisha

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein
byrondsouza
Currently Reading: The Alchemist
Bookshelf Size: 9

Post by byrondsouza »

Being unaware of it..that you might have Anxiety is sad and it can sometimes take years after you get to know that you actually HAVE Anxiety issues
Nisha DSouza
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Omneya Shakeep wrote: 27 Mar 2023, 17:56 This seems to be an informative book. I appreciate your detailed description of the book. Great job!
Thank you, Omneya, for your kind comments. 😊🙏
Nisha

Nisha DSouza
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 28 Mar 2023, 00:43 I admit I have insomnia from time and time. And having this is not easy when the next day you have important things to do; I can't focus. A book that teaches natural meds is a great help for all those people having this issue, especially me. But you mentioned some herbs but it's uncommon to me. I hope it's accessible. I enjoyed your review, it's superb!
Hazel, I mentioned only a few of the names in my reviews, there are many more in the book. You should read it. It might help you. And thanks dear, for your encouraging words. 😊🙏
Nisha

Rajkumarsms
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Rajkumarsms »

- This is the kind of book I look out for. It has natural remedies with minimal or no side effects, which is great compared to drugs with severe side effects. Thanks for this detailed review.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This sounds like a very informative book, and so great to see that there are more natural remedies out there. I personally love Chamomile tea with some honey. I agree that testimonies would have been great. Thanks so much for a great review!
Nisha DSouza
Currently Reading:

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Catalina Aspinall wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 03:25 This sounds like a very informative book, and so great to see that there are more natural remedies out there. I personally love Chamomile tea with some honey. I agree that testimonies would have been great. Thanks so much for a great review!
I had heard good things about Chamomile tea even before reading this book. Now, I am very tempted to try it out.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for stopping by, Catalina. 😊🙏
Nisha

Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Catalina Isabel »

Nisha DSouza wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 05:04
Catalina Aspinall wrote: 05 Apr 2023, 03:25 This sounds like a very informative book, and so great to see that there are more natural remedies out there. I personally love Chamomile tea with some honey. I agree that testimonies would have been great. Thanks so much for a great review!
I had heard good things about Chamomile tea even before reading this book. Now, I am very tempted to try it out.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and for stopping by, Catalina. 😊🙏
No worries!! Yes, it's very calming and good for the digestive system 😊
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

People are marred by stress and anxiety regularly. This book sounds like a breath of fresh air in alleviating stress and anxiety.
I enjoyed your review. Well-done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”