Review of Man Mission

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Review of Man Mission

Post by Max Tiffany »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Man Mission" by Eytan Uliel.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

How interesting does life become when one meets people who share the same passion even when faced with different personal issues? Togetherness is a lifesaver. The protagonists, Alec, Daniel, and Sam, are four friends who all decided to embark on an adventure, traveling to other nations and savoring the happiness they bring. Before that, the protagonist and Sam had met while studying at the university. At the food fair, they conceived the notion to explore the world. A year later, Sam called the protagonist and reminded him of their conceived mission, leading them on their first journey to New Zealand, which ended up being unpleasant. Alec and Daniel later joined the two in their world-trotting quest, which covered Japan, South Africa, South Korea, and so on.

Eytan Uliel's incredible first-person narrative, "Man Mission," is a compelling tale. When I read about the four men's adventures throughout their fifteen-year journey across numerous countries, I was astounded by what I learned. As the men aged, these experiences had an impact on their lives and strengthened their relationships. Each character's history was thoroughly explored by the narrator, who then connected it to their present life. The narrator's identity was kept secret, but despite this, he was able to recount this tale in a lighthearted manner without omitting any important details.

When I first read about the two friends' awful first trip, I felt bad for them, but when I saw that they didn't let that stop them from trying again, it inspired me. Failure teaches you a new approach to making things right. Alec's lifestyle made him the envy of his peers, but I believe that the four friends' combined love and cooperation made them happier individuals. Alec was my favorite character as I read because of how eager he was to succeed.

In addition to the quotes and maps of each area given at the beginning of the chapter, which proved motivational and helpful for better understanding, I liked how the author imparted a valuable life lesson in the book. I've learned a lot, and I can now see why males would barely tear up; it happens almost universally. One thing I especially enjoy in the book is the respect the men show for their spouses.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Although the characters had flaws, I admire how the author didn't portray them as having a flawless existence because nobody is perfect. I have nothing negative to say about the book. Additionally, the book was exceptionally edited, and I applaud the author and editor for their outstanding work.

I suggest this book to people who enjoy reading about adventures as well as those who might be interested in taking an adventure trip worldwide. 

Man Mission
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Must be really liberating to have people in your close circle who share the same interests. Man Mission is an interesting narrative of four men who come together and travel around the world.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

It’s quite interesting to know that you can take time out of your busy schedule to actually live and make memories with friends. It must have been amazing.
Park Cherri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Post by Park Cherri »

I appreciate those who could actually live life without being unnecessarily saddled with responsibilities. It must have been liberating. Great review!
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

Living life with a little bit of risk and adventure sure looks promising. It would take a lot of commitment for Eytan and his friends to stick together that long, going on different adventures together.
JkReviewer17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-najibullah-qanit.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by JkReviewer17 »

seems like a pretty intresting book. thanks for the review
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

This is one of the book I love so much. How this men went on an adventure and discovered alot of things made me appreciate them. Good job.
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

This is an interesting book. the cooperation these four men exhibit as they made their way through all obstacles is so admirable. I look forward to reading this book. Amazing review here.
Carlos Mata Saenz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-carlos-mata-saenz.html
Latest Review: Alpha Buddies Land by Donna Marie Rink

Post by Carlos Mata Saenz »

Good review, I felt exactly the same in some points. That sensation of “I want to do it as well!” Nice job!
Kelly Peter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-peter.html
Latest Review: WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson

Post by Kelly Peter »

The plot of this book piqued my interest and you gave it a wonderful review I look forward to reading this book. Good review.
Esther Godwin Ogechi
Currently Reading: Adventures with Pop Pop at Grant’s Farm
Bookshelf Size: 94
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-godwin-ogechi.html
Latest Review: Worldmaker of Yand - Eltanin by Andri E. Elia

Post by Esther Godwin Ogechi »

I would rather live my life to the fullest, and do all the impulsive things my heart desires than live a long sheltered life. I love how those four men kept their tradition as long as they could.
For I know the thought I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, not of evil, to give you an expected end.Jeremiah 29:11
Kenny Geneva
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenny-geneva.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Post by Kenny Geneva »

Wow, nice review I must commend that the plot of this book piqued my interest and I look forward to reading this book. Good job.
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

This was one of my favorite books of all time. I found it hilarious, informative, and touching. It shows how men can sometimes battle to communicate what they are feeling and how not being taught how to speak up can lead to difficulties. It is very descriptive in terms of scenery and the different cuisines. I would recommend this book. For me, it was more lighthearted than I expected.
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: The Underground Faith of God's Multiverse by Tim Ferguson

Post by Obc Contentor »

This book sounds as depicting the nature of men–their strong will and their vulnerability.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”