Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Merits Anih
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 151
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-merits-anih.html
Latest Review: Americas Revival by Kathryn Garten and Christopher Garten

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Merits Anih »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After graduating with a degree in AI, Kim won an education lottery and was accepted into a prestigious academy. She then landed a trainee position with an artificial intelligence company. However, despite her initial enthusiasm for the job, Kim eventually became dissatisfied with the monotony of her daily routine and sought something more fulfilling. Her thirst for excitement and life-changing experiences is what drives her to seek out new adventures. Her quest for change is realized when she meets a group of individuals whose entire existence is distinct from her own. Will this experience change her perspective? Will she abandon everything she knows to embark on a new journey?

Terms of Service: Subject to Change Without Notice by Craig W. Stanfill chronicles Kim's journey of self-discovery and liberation from the constraints of an AI-dominated world. The author meticulously crafted a strong foundation that allowed for a comprehensive understanding of the story's intricate details. Additionally, the narrative's shifting timeline added an element of excitement and suspense to the book.

One of the things I appreciated about the book was the characters. They were realistic, brilliantly developed, and relatable. Their decision-making processes resonated with me, and I found myself rooting for the main character, Kim. The characters' struggles and experiences moved me, and I am confident that other readers will find them just as compelling. In addition, the book presents a frightening picture of a dictatorship where freedom is restricted.

The book may have been slow-paced, but the attention to detail was undeniable. The author's descriptive language painted a vivid picture of the world in which the story was set. It was a futuristic world where humans and bots coexisted, with artificial intelligence monitoring and regulating every aspect of life. The author's clever use of language added an extra layer of enjoyment, with the use of unique terms for days of the week and singular versus plural pronouns. While the pace may have been slow at times, the plotline always managed to keep me engaged in such a way that I was always guessing what would happen next. Nothing seemed forced, and the story flowed seamlessly from one scene to the next. I am glad to give the book a perfect rating of 5 out of 5 stars, as its slow pace wasn’t much of a problem.

If you're a fan of sci-fi and psychological thrillers, then this book is definitely for you. The novel does an excellent job of exploring strong socio-political themes, making it a great read for those interested in that genre. However, I would suggest that this book is not suitable for younger readers, as it contains intimate moments that might not be appropriate for them. In addition, the plot is unpredictable, and the ending is satisfying, which leaves readers feeling fulfilled.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Ekaete Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekaete-bruno.html
Latest Review: The Date Farm by Jack Winnick

Post by Ekaete Bruno »

I don't think having the world run by AIs is the best of ideas. We could do other things than let that happen, we should be careful.
Only Joeseph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-only-joeseph.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Only Joeseph »

I agree with the your comment about the creative expression of the book's environment and characters. The world-building was excellent, and the author's ability to create a futuristic society where economic equality was the norm was impressive. I appreciated the attention to detail and how it reflected the potential of what our future society could be.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Eliah king »

The reviewer provided a comprehensive and insightful analysis of the article. The attention to detail and clear writing style made it easy to understand the perspective on the book .
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

Kim is my favorite character in this fantasy novel. I love was how she was determined and courageous in this novel.
Ikechi Ugochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ikechi-ugochukwu.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Ikechi Ugochukwu »

Kim was seems like an adventurous person who likes trying out new things. However, I will like to know what transpired between Kim and the group of individuals she met.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: To God Be The Glory! We Must Never Give Up by Charles Wiley

Post by Salome Ogani »

The reviewer's mention of the underdeveloped characters is something that I will keep in mind while reading the book. While it's not a dealbreaker for me, it's good to know what to expect. I'm always interested in books that explore the impact of technology on society.
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I appreciate how you highlight the author's imagination and the magical world she created in the book. It's great that you were able to connect with the story emotionally, which shows how well-written it is.
James Smith_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-james-smith-42.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by James Smith_ »

The book's portrayal of a society where people were not divided based on gender, race, or religion was refreshing and a reflection of what our future could be. It was inspiring to see how economic equality can change people's perspectives and lead to a better world.
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

Honestly, The book may have been slow-paced, but the attention to detail was undeniable I must say that I enjoyed this review because of how the reviewer explained the book. Good job.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

I agree with you One of the things I appreciated about the book was the characters because they are well developed and given unique voices. I must say that the author did an excellent job her. Good job.
Omobolanle Savage
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

I'm really impressed by your attention to detail in this review. You've given us a clear sense of what to expect from the book, from the intricate details of the worldbuilding to the nuanced characterization. Your analysis of the pacing and the narrative structure was particularly insightful, and I feel like I have a good sense of what to expect when I pick up this book.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

Your enthusiasm for the book is contagious! I love how you've highlighted the strengths of the story and the characters, and your recommendation has definitely piqued my interest. I appreciate your honesty in noting that the book may not be suitable for younger readers, as it shows your consideration for potential readers.
Francis Omotayo Aderogbin
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-omotayo-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Escape from Tuoyawon by R. Murrey Haist

Post by Francis Omotayo Aderogbin »

Your review is very well-written and engaging. I like how you've provided a synopsis of the book without giving too much away, and your commentary on the author's use of language and the pacing of the story was thoughtful and insightful. Your passion for the book really comes through, and it makes me want to read it even more.
You are yet to be the best version of yourself. Keep refining.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Your review has captured my interest in the book, and I can't wait to get a copy. I love the fact that the book highlights brief stories of successful people who have failed and still achieved success. This is a great way to motivate readers to learn from their failures and strive towards success.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”