Review of Reconfigurement

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Arya Kumar I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 2
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-arya-kumar-i.html
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Review of Reconfigurement

Post by Arya Kumar I »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Reconfigurement" by E. Alan Fleischauer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A book about financial planning everybody should read. The book Reconfigurement by E. Alan Fleischauer should be read by everyone who is deeply dissatisfied by the traditional work and retirement culture, as in work till you're 65 in a job you most probably don't even like, while earning a meagre amount and then retire with the savings you've practically spent your entire life earning and sometimes even that won't be enough to last for the rest of your life. It is one of the best books to help you plan your retirement. It covers the vast majority of topics, ranging from insurance to career planning to budget, and rather than off-putting this book makes it seem interesting and makes you want to talk about it more.

The lighthearted tone of the book is one of its greatest highlights. Finance is one of the topics generally considered boring and is avoided by many individuals, but the subtle jokes inserted in between the paragraphs keep the book lighthearted and does not let us feel the heaviness of the subject. The book not only helps to plan retirement, but also guides towards a career reinforcement. Some individuals might be willing to work even after retirement to combat the monotonous feel of their everyday life, this book guides towards that something you might enjoy doing later in your life. Rather than gravitating towards unhealthy habits, doing something that you enjoy and converting your passion into your career will keep you engaged as well as entertained.

Something which bothered me about this book is that it is mostly centred toward America and caters to the American audience, however you may give it a try even if you are not American but are keen on financial planning. This book is recommended for middle aged individuals, but you can give it a read if the topic interests you.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 it really feels like friends' advice rather than a boring finance book for career planning. This is interesting and engages you to the point where you smile at the jokes and nod to the words of advice.

I would really recommend this book for individuals early in their career as well as individuals heading towards the big R, r for retirement. If you've stepped into the part of your career where you should start thinking about plans of your retirement, you should really give this a try. It's a must read by me.

Reconfigurement
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Yesterday by Samyann

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”