Review of Devil in False Colors

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
tywill
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tywill.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Devil in False Colors

Post by tywill »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil in False Colors" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

When the lives of innocent Jewish children are brutally taken, Lara and Uri, two masterful intelligence agents, must reunite to take down the perpetrators. Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick is a realistic, action-packed novel that explores the depths of international terrorism as the two agents embark on a dangerous mission to infiltrate the terrorist organization responsible for the heinous act.

Since their last operation, Lara and Uri haven't seen each other much, but when a number of Jewish children are slain in an extremely brutal incident, they are reunited. As they investigate, they discover that the attack is part of a larger plan to create public sentiment against the Jewish cause. At this point, the two agents have no other choice but to go on dangerous undercover missions. Lara and Uri are surrounded by intense danger as they are pursued by their old enemies, who are in charge of the terror operations. Despite the threat, their mutual attraction is rekindled, adding a new dimension to their partnership. As the story progresses, they uncover more details about the terrorist organization and its plans.

This novel is thoroughly engaging, but what truly captivates me is its authenticity. The intricate portrayal of political dynamics in the Middle East, coupled with the intricacies of the terrorists' modus operandi, is truly impressive. I am deeply impressed by the author's ability to convey such fascinating details with accuracy and realism. The author's unique narrative style is one of the things I also appreciate in this novel. Through it, I gained insights into different characters' perspectives within the plot, which makes the story more intriguing. Another aspect I like is the romantic involvement between Lara and Uri, which adds an extra layer of interest. The author's exceptional writing and editing skills are highly commendable. The novel is exceptionally well-edited, making for a seamless reading experience. I didn't notice any errors while reading this novel, which is a testament to its outstanding editing quality.

There were some aspects of this novel that I liked the least. I noticed that some of the dialogue felt awkward and confusing, which made it challenging to keep up with the story's events. There were times when the political commentary felt overwhelming, which detracted from the book's overall appeal. Towards the book's end, so many things were happening that it felt rushed and cramped. Additionally, some of the characters, particularly the terrorists, felt shallow and undeveloped, leaving me with a sense of unfulfillment.

Considering my favorite and least favorite aspects of this book, I have decided to give it a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this captivating novel to readers who love realistic and thrilling novels with fascinating political details and intense action scenes.

Devil in False Colors
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”