Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
b4bimpe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b4bimpe.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by b4bimpe »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The explosion caused damage beyond just the walls of the synagogue. It ruined the lives and hopes of innocent families, leaving nothing but misery and despair. In Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick, a terrorist attack on a New York synagogue results in the deaths of several members of the Jewish community. The perpetrators had disguised themselves as Jews to gain trust before carrying out the attack. The Joint Terrorism Task Force and the police launch an investigation in response.

FBI agent Lara Edmond and Mossad agent Uri Levin lead the investigation. Following their past success, they were assigned to stop a new terrorist attack. They received a tip that led them to Waco, Texas, where they uncovered Muslim students posing as Jews on a college campus. Whispers in the shadows suggest a looming threat that hangs over the peace between Israel and the USA. A sinister plan is in motion, orchestrated by the elusive terrorist group, to create a rift that would shatter the very foundations of this delicate alliance. Will they succeed in their diabolical scheme, plunging the world into chaos and destruction? The question lingers like a heavy fog, concealing the ominous truth that awaits.

The interplay between Lara and Uri, the book's two major protagonists, is what I like most and stands to be its most captivating feature. They each bring their viewpoints to the table and, as FBI and Mossad agents, come from quite different backgrounds. It was quite exciting to see them cooperate to stop a terrorist attack, and their connection provided more dimension to the narrative. I also appreciate how Winnick pays outstanding attention to historical details in the areas of the military, culture, and religion. The story is a page-turner but provides insightful observations about modern life and how society responds to terrorism.

With great enthusiasm, I declare that I dislike nothing about this novel. This novel is a masterpiece that offers entertainment, insightful lessons, and a perfectly crafted story. Every chapter is written with exquisite detail and edited to perfection, making it easy and enjoyable to read. I cannot think of a single flaw in this book, which is a credit to the author's outstanding writing abilities.

I must commend the editing of this novel, for it is an exceptionally well-edited novel with no grammatical or typographical error in sight. I recommend this novel to readers who enjoy reading novels that involve covert operations, crime, and detective themes and feature significant action. I give this novel a rating of 5 out of 5 stars because of all its exceptional attributes, including its wonderful editing, engaging plot, and excellent narrating style.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”