Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
josearo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-josearo.html
Latest Review: Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbara Galutia Regis PA-C

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by josearo »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The bomb blast at the Brooklyn synagogue surged like a monstrous wave, leaving a trail of desolation and despair behind. The deafening roar of the explosion transformed children into orphans and parents into childless beings as it claimed the precious lives of the young and old alike. The aftermath of the bombing was a desolate wasteland, where the screams of the wounded echoed through the silence, and the tears of the bereaved flowed like a river of sorrow. This novel, Devil Among Us, is written by Jack Winnick.

Amidst the chaos and terror that pervade the city like a prowling predator, two agents stand like a pair of cats, ready to pounce on their prey. Agent Lara Edmond and agent Uri Levin are no strangers to the game of cat and mouse, having honed their skills in previous missions together. After a horrific bombing at a New York City synagogue, they are summoned to employ their lethal expertise again. Armed with cunning disguises and fearless determination, the duo goes undercover to unveil the devil among them, stalking the shadows in pursuit of justice. They tread a dangerous line with every step, never knowing what lies ahead. Yet, driven by their unwavering commitment to the cause, Lara and Uri relentlessly pursue their target, refusing to let the devil slip away.

This literary masterpiece is an embodiment of awesomeness. Many aspects make this book stand out, but the one I like the most is the realism of its plot. The author's impeccable writing skills and flawless narration are the perfect recipes for this action-packed story that is simply breathtaking.

Furthermore, the level of suspense in this book is beyond compare. The author expertly weaves a spectacular, suspenseful plot that gives me breathless anticipation from the very beginning. It's a rare gift to create suspense that keeps the reader engaged throughout the story, and this author has it in spades. Suspense is one of the most important elements in any action-packed novel, and this book has it in abundance. I cannot help but be thrilled by the magnificent editing quality of this novel. It is an absolute delight to come across a piece of exceptionally well-edited literature devoid of errors or inconsistencies. After an enthralling read, I am compelled to admit that this novel is flawless, with no room for criticism. It is a true masterpiece, and there is nothing that I dislike about this outstanding work of literature.

I recommend this novel to readers with an insatiable appetite for gritty action and riveting war novels. However, be warned: the author has expertly woven graphic scenes of violence that may not be suitable for the faint of heart. I give this novel a rating of 5 out of 5 stars for being flawless and highly entertaining.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”