Review of Cynthia and Dan

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Cynthia and Dan

Post by Tari egai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

War and crime have long since ingrained themselves into the global way of life. Terrorists have figured out how to enlist numerous people through a variety of methods, including online forums. Physical methods alone cannot always resolve these problems, so a new approach is needed. To address these present problems, new security measures and different kinds of warfare must be implemented.

The romantic suspense novel Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer is the third book in the Washington McBride Series. The plot centers on Cynthia and her brother Glenn as they team up to battle terrorists online. As the two attempt to learn the truth about a mysterious drone assault, they encounter some ordeals. The book is full of suspense, mystery, and romance. Anyone looking for a cozy yet exciting story will enjoy this one because the action moves quickly and the characters are well-developed. In the first chapter of the book, Glenn and Cynthia are plotting a risky mission to use a sophisticated drone to destroy a terrorist group. The plot then picks up speed as the two of them have to deal with tons of challenges, such as a love triangle and a political plot. As they navigate challenging choices throughout the narrative, the characters are forced to use their cleverness and bravery to complete their task. The viewer is kept in suspense throughout the entire plot thanks to its many twists and turns.

This novel has a lot of great qualities that are worth highlighting. The character description is the first of them. I must state that the author did a fantastic job in this area. Similarly, I was so amazed by how the author handled the suspense in this novel that I frequently thought to myself, "Dorothy, let the cat out of the bag already!"

The narrative in Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer uses dialogue between users of contemporary technology and urban elites intriguingly. I'm amazed at how accurately the author captures the voice and way of life of city dwellers. The organization of each chapter in the novel is another aspect I enjoy. The scene where the prior chapter ends is where the new chapter starts. And viewers can easily be carried along because of this.

Although I enjoyed the book, I don't think Dan's character was well-developed, considering his name is in the title and he was meant to be a significant character. In addition, Cynthia was hasty to fall in love with Sky, a man she hardly knew; given her field of work, she ought to be vigilant around strangers. Overall, I adored the novel.

I rate this novel, Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer, 5 out of 5 stars because it was professionally edited and I found no grammar mistakes. I was very satisfied with the ending. 

This book will be appreciated by readers who love romance with a touch of action. Also, I would recommend this book to adults as it has erotic scenes intended for a mature audience. Lastly, I appreciated the way the author described the different ways to deal with unprotected sex between two consenting adults, even though that may not appeal to everyone who reads the book. 

Cynthia and Dan
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

Cynthia and Dan was an intriguing novel, with a great plot. However, I think there's room for improvement when it comes to character development and the plot development. Cynthia's naivete was a total turn off for me.
Michelle Joseph 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-michelle-joseph-2.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Michelle Joseph 2 »

I commend you for the professional way in which you wrote and organized this evaluation. This kind of book seems like it would be beneficial to read. This novel sounds wonderful, and I would be pleased to read it because of the political twist, love triangle, and cyber war.
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

I love this book. Having read another book by the author, I am sure she will not disappoint. This looks like a love story from the title. I love I enjoy it.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

This is a well-written review that does an excellent job of summarizing the plot and themes of Cynthia and Dan: Cyber War by Dorothy May Mercer. The review also provides insight into the characters and narrative structure of the novel. Your review is nice.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Your review is well written and it fully captures the content of the novel. Assuming Cynthia and Dan was fully developed, it would have been very good. The author did her very best though.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

Your review provides an insightful analysis of the author's portrayal of contemporary technology and urban elites. I'm impressed by how well you describe the book's use of dialogue, which makes it easier for readers to imagine themselves in the story
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

Your critique of the character development of Dan and Cynthia's hasty love interest in Sky highlights your attention to detail as a reader. I appreciate that you can enjoy a book while still recognizing its flaws.
Chris Rich Nwaka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-rich-nwaka.html
Latest Review: Across the Divide by Elizabeth Bernays

Post by Chris Rich Nwaka »

Thank you for providing such a well-rounded review. You touched on different aspects of the book, such as the authenticity of the girls' experiences, the use of biblical texts, and the inclusion of the girls' drawings. Your attention to detail demonstrates your dedication to writing a comprehensive review.
Nletachi Otuokere
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nletachi-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Nobody To Me That The Road Would Be Easy by Floyd Thompkins

Post by Nletachi Otuokere »

Wow, I love Your rating of 5 out of 5 stars speaks volumes about how much you enjoyed this book. I appreciate how you were able to give a clear and concise review while still expressing your enthusiasm for it. Good job
Flourish Sunday
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-flourish-sunday.html
Latest Review: 9 Rules to Dominate Your Money and Learn What 67% of Adults Don’t Know by Finley Lewis

Post by Flourish Sunday »

I'm grateful for your recommendation of the book to adult readers who appreciate a good romance novel with a touch of action. Your comments on the erotic scenes in the book also provide fair warning to potential readers.
Blessing Otuokere
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-otuokere.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Blessing Otuokere »

Your comment about the language used being clear and basic is helpful for those who may be hesitant about reading a religious book. Good job on this review.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 133
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

"Cynthia and Dan" by Dorothy May Mercer is an interesting book of romance but I don't like the ending part of it. Good book though. Thanks for the review.
Godknows Weridonghan
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Godknows Weridonghan »

Good job, your review on this book was insightful and mind blowing. I look forward to reading this book.
Nnena Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnena-blessing.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Nnena Blessing »

An engaging book with a solid plot was Cynthia and Dan. The plot development and character development, however, I believe have space for growth. I was utterly turned off by Cynthia's innocence.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”