Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Devil Among Us, a book written by Jack Winnick, is an action-packed adventure story that captures the reader's attention from start to finish. While many adventure stories feature scenes of fighting and superheroes, this book stands out due to its vivid imagery and gripping plot.

This book is a follow-up to another book by Jack Winnick called "East Wind, 2nd Edition." But you don't need to read the first book to understand this one. The story is about two characters, Lara and Uri, who work for the governments of the United States and Israel. They are on a mission to catch the people who bombed a synagogue in New York and caused many deaths.
These individuals later carried out additional assassinations and kidnappings of other important Jewish figures. Devil Among Us is a captivating adventure story that readers will find thrilling and engaging. Its unique plot and dynamic characters make it a must-read for fans of the genre.

I enjoyed this book because the story felt real, and the author, Jack, described things in a way that made me feel like I was there. The book was full of suspense that made me want to keep reading until the end.

I liked the start of this book, but in some chapters, not much happened. The author added a few things to the story in each chapter but then talked too much about what the characters were doing in their daily lives. It made me tired. That's the only part of the book I didn't like.

I recommend it to mature readers and anyone who loves to read books about mysteries and violence. I encountered no errors while reading this book, which shows that Devil Among Us by Jack Winnick was exceptionally well-edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

In conclusion, Devil Among Us is a book worth reading. One of the reasons I gave it a positive rating is because I found Jack Winnick's writing style to be very engaging. I enjoyed the way he crafted the story, which made it easy for me to follow along.
Moreover, the book taught me a lot about Jewish culture that I was not aware of before. For instance, I discovered that in Jewish culture, bodies are buried whole, which is different from what I'm used to. I also learned that the afternoon service in the Jewish synagogue is called Yizkor. This was all very interesting to me, and I appreciated learning about these customs and traditions.

Another thing that struck me about the book was the strong sense of community within the Jewish synagogue that the author portrayed. It was touching to see how much the members cared for each other and how the Rabbi defended them against outside forces. I found this to be a very positive aspect of the story. Overall, Devil Among Us was an exciting and informative read that I would recommend to others who are interested in learning about Jewish culture and enjoying a well-crafted story.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ukaegbu Confidence
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Excellent review you produced. Based off ok the books title, you can easily tell that this book is action-packed. I want to influence Lara and Uri. They were pillars of their country.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Each time I read a Jack Winnicks book, I feel attached to the story because he always makes it feel real and you won’t feel like you wasted your time when done with any of his books.
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

This book sounds like a must-read! 👍
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

The author gave a beautiful insight of the Jewish community, a lot can be learnt from this book, I appreciate that the has a lot of actions and the author’s descriptive tone made it easy to relate to.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I would not like the turn out of such evil events carried out by terrorists to come to reality. It really has left my children to be orphans.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"The pacing in this book was perfect. It struck a balance between intense action and quiet introspection,
keeping me engaged and invested in the story throughout."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”