Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Madam Tori
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madam-tori.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Madam Tori »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa, an exhilarating non-fiction book of adventures by Tina Dreffin, offers readers an enthralling glimpse into the author's incredible journey with her husband, Peter, two teenage sons, Adam and Warren, and their friends, Sam and Gary. From their unforgettable experiences in Kruger National Park to their transatlantic voyage, this book is packed with exciting and inspiring stories that will keep readers on the edge of their seats.

Tina's decision to travel to South Africa sparked a nostalgic trip down memory lane as she reflected on her childhood and the adventurous spirit that has always been a part of her. However, the excitement was tempered by a past traumatic event that occurred early in her life and her relationship with Peter. Despite the anxiety, Tina bravely shared her life story with Peter, from the job she had to the unfortunate sexual assault she experienced. She also recounted the adventures she and Peter had shared, including their travels and the joys of building a family together. In this book, we embark on a walkabout with Tina and her family as they spread their wings and reach their dream destinations.

What makes this book a must-read is not just the captivating tales of adventure but also the underlying message of perseverance and personal growth. Tina Dreffin is a fearless adventurer who has faced numerous challenges and overcame them with determination and resilience. Her life story serves as an inspiration to others, reminding us that we can learn from our mistakes and use them as a guide to improve our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

What impressed me most about this memoir was the author's honesty about the dangers and crime in South Africa. Her willingness to address these issues head-on without sugarcoating anything was admirable. I also appreciated her courage in sharing her personal experiences with rape and how she overcame them, hoping to help others in the same situation.

Another standout feature of this memoir was the accuracy of the dialogue in the book. The author's presentation of the conversations felt natural. It's one thing to be an adventurer; it is another thing to accurately represent those experiences in writing.

There was absolutely nothing I could fault this book with. Though I encountered some errors while reading it, it did not affect my enjoyment of the book. Hence, I am rating it 5 out of 5 stars. I highly recommend this memoir to anyone who loves adventure books, as this book will not disappoint. With its engaging storytelling, insightful reflections, and inspiring message, Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa is a memoir you won't want to put down.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
A reader lives a thousand lives before they die. What is more marvelous, more wholesome, more exquisite, than exploring all the worlds and universes that humanity can ever conceive?
Shazyclaire Mark
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shazyclaire-mark.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Post by Shazyclaire Mark »

Your review has a great sense of balance - you've highlighted both the strengths and weaknesses of the book in a fair and unbiased way. The fact that the book deals with traveling to different countries and learning about different cultures is definitely an interesting and unique aspect of the story.
Sly Thompson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sly-thompson.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Sly Thompson »

Your review has a great sense of empathy and emotion - it makes me feel like I'll be able to connect with the characters on a deeper level.
The fact that the book deals with different types of animals and how they act is definitely interesting - it adds an extra layer of detail and realism to the story.
Daniel Moore 4
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-daniel-moore-4.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Daniel Moore 4 »

This book review has successfully captured my attention and made me interested in reading the book. Your comments on the placement of the flashbacks are helpful - it's always good to know what to expect while reading a book.
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: Penticore Prime by M.D. Chevalier

Post by Salome Ogani »

Surviving the Business of Healthcare by Barbra Galutia Regis, M.S., PA-C, is an insightful exploration of the evolution of medicine and pharmacy in the United States of America. I'm glad I read this review.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

Bluewater Walkabout takes you on a thrilling adventure, but it also delves into the introspective side of exploration. Tina Dreffin's reflections on solitude, self-discovery, and the healing power of nature make this book a captivating read.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”