Review of The Date Farm

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of The Date Farm

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Date Farm" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

I have a fondness for fictional stories that feature violent content, and The Date Farm by Jack Winnick is no exception. The book tells the tale of a terrorist group that invades a shopping mall in Beverly Hills and unleashes a hail of gunfire on unsuspecting shoppers. The attack results in the loss of over forty-eight innocent lives and massive damage to the mall. The terrorists, who are identified as Islamic extremists, have a motive to harm the United States and Israel.

After a few weeks, the terrorists strike again, this time at the Federal Reserve and Chase Manhattan Bank in New York. The FBI calls upon Lara and Uri, two skilled agents, to stop the terrorists. The couple is forced to cut their vacation short and embark on a dangerous mission that takes them to different parts of the world, including a date farm in the Middle East that serves as one of the enemy's bases. Aside from the gripping plot, the book sheds light on the damaging effects of terrorist attacks on society. Such incidents leave a trail of destruction that not only harms individuals but also affects the economy and infrastructure of the affected areas. Therefore, it is crucial to prevent these attacks from happening and protect lives and property.

I found the well-crafted characters to be the most enjoyable, especially Uri and Lara. The couple, who recently tied the knot, also happen to work together as Mossad and FBI agents. Their job involves tackling terrorist activities and threats. That's what I like about this book.

I feel like the author could have been a little nicer to Lara and Uri, the newlywed couple in the story. They didn't even get to enjoy their honeymoon before being thrown into a terrifying terrorist attack. Also, it can be hard to keep up with all the different names and places in the story, especially when they're in the Middle East, and I had to write them down to keep track of who was who. That's the part I dislike about this book.

This action-packed suspense novel thoroughly captivated me and left me craving more. Based on my enjoyable reading experience, I would happily dive into other books in the same series. Therefore, I am delighted to award this book a rating of 5 out of 5 stars.

It's important to note that this book contains mature themes such as profanity and sexual content. However, despite these elements, Winnick's writing remains professional and captivating.

Consequently, I believe that the above-mentioned article is justified, and I have several reasons to support my claim. Firstly, the author skillfully depicts the strong bond between the two main characters, Uri and Lara, and their unwavering dedication to their agencies and countries. This element adds depth to the characters and enhances the reader's investment in their journey.

Secondly, I was thoroughly impressed with the impeccable editing of The Date Farm by Jack Winnick. Despite my close scrutiny, I could not find any typographical or grammatical errors, which is a testament to the author's meticulous attention to detail and the publishing team's professionalism. Lastly, what sets Uri and Lara apart from the typical agents in international thrillers is their lack of bravado. They are highly skilled agents who do not feel the need to prove their abilities to anyone. It was refreshing to see Lara's expertise and actions win over the initial doubters of her capabilities as a woman working on the assigned mission.

Overall, I highly recommend The Date Farm to readers who appreciate well-developed characters, thrilling plots, and expertly crafted writing.

The Date Farm
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

I quite agree with the reviewer on the effects of terrorism in our society, the loss if lives, properties and most times displaced. The author used his skill to pass this message.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

Terrorists have over time proven to be a huge problem in our society. But the question remains while is it difficult for the government to stop this evil doings.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"I loved how this book tackled important themes and issues. It made me reflect on life, love, and the human condition. It's more than just a story; it's a profound experience."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”