Review of Unicorns Know Magic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Unicorns Know Magic

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unicorns Know Magic" by Charles Adkins.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Unicorns Know Magic is the story of four unicorns born in space named Abby, Georgia, Bitsy, and Chase, who moved in next door to a brother and sister. The unicorns built a home that was an eight-story building. They later became friends with the brother and sister who lived next to their home, and they had many adventures together. The unicorns took the two kids on tour. They eventually got hungry and went to a French restaurant for croissants.

They took the children to a town in London, and they all met with the queen. The unicorns marched alongside the guards and were given buckets of oats. While camping under the stars, the children and unicorns roasted marshmallows. They made the decision to bring the unicorns to school on Monday. If you get the book Unicorns Know Magic, I believe you will enjoy the fascinating story of unicorns.

This book appealed to me for various reasons. Firstly, Ros Webb's illustrations were beautiful and colorful, and I believe they will stay in the minds of growing children. Webb's art style was also easy, and I believe that children can practice art from these images.

The friendly nature of the unicorn could teach children about kindness and how to treat others. Charles also kept the book short and simple, which I believe will not bore children. I liked the plot, and the author did a good job of explaining how intelligent unicorns are. The author's use of pictures makes the book detailed and well-explanatory.

I dislike nothing about this book, and I will rate Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins 5 out of 5 stars because the book was written in simple English, and children would easily understand the lessons that come with it. I recommend this book to children aged 5 to 10 who love adventure stories. Also, people who love unicorns will absolutely enjoy this book.

Unicorns Know Magic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Emmanuel Cohen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-cohen.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emmanuel Cohen »

I like that the reviewer mention lessons to be learnt from, which gives an insight of the book. I appreciate children's book hold a lot of message. Nice review to read.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I am not a fan of children’s books for myself. I do, however, appreciate anything that will entice kids to read. I think the simple language and the illustrations will do that. A dose of lessons is good, too, especially if kids don’t know that they are learning.
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

Children will definitely love this book because of the colourful pictures the author used in the book. Using unicorn as the main character of this book is nice because unicorn are highly intelligent creature.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stars in Our Hearts by Kylie Welch

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I feel this book simply informs us on how to be friendly with our neighbours not forgetting the amount of happiness and companionships that come with good friends.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I like the idea the book used to enlighten children on activities that be done at a night camp fire and I like how brief and detailed your summary of the book is.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

I love that the book teaches children on the importance of kindness and how to treat other nicely. The fact that the boom was written in simple English for easy assimilation is a bonus point too
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

This is definitely for children, teaching them things about unicorns and also making them love animals than hate. Kids love to fantasize and this will help in their fantasy
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Mystical creatures. I can't shake off the feeling that there must have been a time when these creatures or a semblance of them existed.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The concept of unicorns born in space is intriguing and unique, adding an interesting twist to the story. It's refreshing to see such imaginative ideas in children's literature.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

The eight-story building as the unicorns' home sounds like a fun and whimsical setting. It sparks curiosity and imagination, which are essential for young readers.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

Taking the children on a tour and introducing them to the queen shows a sense of grand adventure. It's a great way to introduce young readers to different places and cultures.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

What I learnt from this review is that this book I
encourages children to embrace their imagination, cherish the magic in the world around them, and believe in the power of dreams.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

This is truly the pure joy of childhood wonder and the limitless possibilities of imagination. The friendship between the unicorns and the children was really delightful.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”