Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Review of Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids

Post by Catalina Isabel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids" by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Would you like your children to learn more about Heaven? Eight-year-old Emma and six-year-old Bella are the main characters in Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul (Ph.D.) and Arvind Paul. One night, Emma had a dream of being flown to heaven by beautiful angels with her sister Bella. She tells her parents and sister about it the next day, leaving them amazed and curious. So, before going to bed each night, Emma prays that she gets to go there again. God grants her wishes, and she sees a beautiful rainbow, golden gates, and Jesus, who is shining as bright as a lamp; lighting everything in his path. She also sees many animals who are tame and get along with everyone. They see God, angels, and Noah from the Biblical story "Noah's Ark", which they'd learned about at Sunday school.

The illustrations in the book are stunning, especially of Heaven; it's full of vibrant shades of many colours and beautiful sparkles. These would be sure to catch the attention of any child. It's also a great way for children to learn about the Bible, as the authors cite specific Bible passages, some of which are included to solidify what Emma saw in her dreams. I greatly enjoyed the sisterhood between Emma and Bella, as they went everywhere together. The parents were also very supportive of what Emma shared, which encouraged her dreams to continue. The positive stories and lovely family dynamic are sure to delight readers, along with child-appropriate dialogue and Biblical teachings throughout the book. Additionally, I loved how the family fosters their children's curiosity and answers many questions in an honest and simple way.

The book had only a few downsides. Firstly, there are some illustrations of hell that may not be suitable for very young children, but this is only two pages towards the end of the book. There were also some Bible teachings that may not appeal to people who are not Christian, such as obeying God and saying that he can do what he would like with us because He made us, and also some discussions about punishments. I appreciate that those reading the book do agree with these viewpoints though.

Due to the many positives, I am happy to rate Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids five out of five stars. It was beautifully illustrated without punctuation, grammatical, or typographical errors. It also had some great teachings for those who are Christian. Although there are pictures of hell which may be scary for some, this was not enough to deduct a star. This is because if children are already growing up with these topics, I don’t think it would affect them negatively.

I would highly recommend this book to all Christians who would like their children to know more about Heaven and Hell in an age-appropriate way. However, I would recommend that parents of younger children explain the story to avoid fear, especially of Hell. I don't think this book would be suitable for non-Christians as their beliefs may be too different, but any child is sure to enjoy the lovely pictures.

Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

I greatly appreciate your good classification for the appropriate audience, and although this is not my favorite type, I liked your description of the relationship of the two children and their curiosity to understand their dreams. Well written review
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
MsH2k
Favorite Book: Crushing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 366
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-msh2k.html
Latest Review: Lilleah by eelonqa K harris

Post by MsH2k »

I appreciate that the authors kept the story as told from Emma's point of view. As far as depicting hell, I would think it was as Emma saw it, like the rest of her dreams. Indeed, it would be important for adults sharing this book with their children to relate hell in terms they can understand while not ignoring the topic.

Thank you for your thorough and engaging review!
"Knowing what must be done does away with fear."
Rosa Parks
Catalina Isabel

Sarah Zain wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 06:32 I greatly appreciate your good classification for the appropriate audience, and although this is not my favorite type, I liked your description of the relationship of the two children and their curiosity to understand their dreams. Well written review
Thanks so much for stopping by Sarah, and for your lovely comments! I agree this is not usually my type of book either, but nontheless appropriate for their target audience.
Catalina Isabel

MsH2k wrote: 21 Apr 2023, 18:08 I appreciate that the authors kept the story as told from Emma's point of view. As far as depicting hell, I would think it was as Emma saw it, like the rest of her dreams. Indeed, it would be important for adults sharing this book with their children to relate hell in terms they can understand while not ignoring the topic.

Thank you for your thorough and engaging review!
Yes, I definitely agree with your view. Thanks so much for stopping by and your lovely comments 😊
Jeff Kanda
Currently Reading: Dreams Are to Be Lived
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeff-kanda.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Jeff Kanda »

I think most of us have a good memory of our childhood years... Children should be taken to Sunday schools so that they can always remember the bible teachings and live according to them. I will soon read this book. Thanks for the brief and engaging review.
Catalina Isabel

Jeff Kanda wrote: 22 Apr 2023, 10:54 I think most of us have a good memory of our childhood years... Children should be taken to Sunday schools so that they can always remember the bible teachings and live according to them. I will soon read this book. Thanks for the brief and engaging review.
Thanks so much for your comment and for stopping by 😊 let me know what you think if you do read it!
Hazel Mae Bagarinao
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hazel-mae-bagarinao.html
Latest Review: The Sound of Creation by Gabriella Zielke

Post by Hazel Mae Bagarinao »

I wanted to grab this book and read it with my niece. She loves ideas about heaven and she has some questions about it. Through Emma's story, she might discover or maybe answer some of her curiosity about heaven and hell. Your review is amazing, Catalina.
"Less is more." ~ Ludwig Mies Van Der Rohe
Catalina Isabel

Hazel Mae Bagarinao wrote: 23 Apr 2023, 01:29 I wanted to grab this book and read it with my niece. She loves ideas about heaven and she has some questions about it. Through Emma's story, she might discover or maybe answer some of her curiosity about heaven and hell. Your review is amazing, Catalina.
Great idea, I am sure it will answer a few of her questions and the illustrations are beautiful. Let me know if you do read it to her and what you both think 😊 thanks so much for stopping by!
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

Thanks for the great review! I had myself read the book and I agree that it is a great book for kids. The illustrations and positive family dynamic were amazing.
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Hee Via
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hee-via.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Hee Via »

This book really is a unique one if I say so myself. A book about Heaven and Hell following visions from kids. Although I read the other book, the kids edition looks more interesting more interesting for some reason. A job well done.
Catalina Isabel

Chris Agbara wrote: 25 Apr 2023, 03:59 Thanks for the great review! I had myself read the book and I agree that it is a great book for kids. The illustrations and positive family dynamic were amazing.
That's great you read it too and thought similar. Thanks so much for stopping by 😊
Catalina Isabel

Hee Via wrote: 27 Apr 2023, 01:13 This book really is a unique one if I say so myself. A book about Heaven and Hell following visions from kids. Although I read the other book, the kids edition looks more interesting more interesting for some reason. A job well done.
Yes I totally agree. I personally enjoyed the kid's version better and did read both! Thanks so much for stopping by 😊
Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu
Favorite Book: The Midwife of Auschwitz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-n-brega-bartolomeu.html
Latest Review: Disappearance by Julien Ayotte

Post by Sara Nóbrega Bartolomeu »

Totally relate to your review! The illustrations are great and hell is too scary for young kids. Great great review 😁 very complete in every way
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona

Post by Nisha DSouza »

I have read this book, and I agree that the way the authors portrayed hell could have been gentler, keeping in mind the target audience. Your review was well-written. Thank you.
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”