Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Review of We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies" by Matthew Tysz.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies is an interesting and imaginative story written by Matthew Tysz. The story revolves around different cities in Voulhire. Galen was able to escape the Land of the Princes, which was a place at war, due to the personal desire of the Emperor of Lullabies. On getting to Magnum Caelum, he meets his uncle's executor, whose name is Rowan. He finds out that his uncle had passed away a week earlier, and he was the one to inherit all his wealth. Galen also was to learn the act of blacksmithing to be able to carry on from where his uncle had stopped. Rowan also took on the responsibility of helping Galen adjust to life in the new city.

The city of Hillport has gone through a lot since Lord Meldorath invaded it, killed Lord Orlin, and overthrew him. King Wilhelm has sent Lord Eldus to redeem the city of Hillport, and he has journeyed there. Get We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz to know if the city of Hillport was redeemed and how the journey of Galen was in Voulhire.

I liked this book for a lot of reasons, such as the fact that Rowan was patient with Galen in getting acquainted with the new environment, and he had a very high sense of humor. My favorite character was King Wilhelm because he is a good definition of a leader, and he was not weak or biased in his judgment.

Matthew did an interesting job in the development of the characters, and when there was a change in the scene, he didn't fail to make an indication that you would notice that there was a change in the scene. The idea of Matthew using a page to introduce the characters also made the book easy to understand, and anytime I needed to remind myself of the role of a character, I always made reference to the characters page. I also liked that Lord Eldus tried to relate well with the people of Hillport despite his position, which is a quality of a good leader.

I didn't have any reason to dislike this book. With this, I am rating the book We Are Voulhire: A New Arrival Under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz 5 out of 5 stars. I recommend this book to people who like adventure stories and books based on imagination. I didn't encounter any errors while reading this book, which shows that it was exceptionally edited.

We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

This is a very nice review. Its well detailed which shows that the reader went through the book thoroughly.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

This is a beautiful imaginative story that took me on a journey through fascinating cities, unexpected inheritances, and heartwarming friendships. Your Review was well organized.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 96
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Galen's escape from the land of the princes was the best decision he took in his life. Adding that it was also a place of war is enough reason to escape; no one wants to die.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

This is an excellently written review. The book was also carefully drafted. I'm sure it tool the author months to come up with the names of the places in the book and the characters.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

Lord Meldorath's invasion of their city hillport shows the weakness of Lord Orlin because if Orlin was prepared for war as a reigning lord, he wouldn't let Lord Meldorath overthrow his current glory.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

It's good to know that the glossary at the end of the book makes it easier for readers to understand the Voulhirian terms.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

The fact that the author has created a unique religion for the world of Voulhire adds depth and complexity to the story. The book's pacing being just right is important, as it can affect a reader's enjoyment of the story.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

The book's humor and sarcasm can add to its appeal and make it a more enjoyable read. The fact that the book is well-edited is crucial, as errors can be distracting and take away from the story.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Tysz's masterful world-building and attention to detail create a vivid tapestry of magic, politics, and complex relationships. This is a masterfully written review!
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

One can easily see the author's attention to detail and well-developed characters bring depth and authenticity to the narrative, while the fast-paced plot keeps the pages turning.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

The journey through different cities, including Galen's inheritance and the guidance of Rowan, intertwine in a tale of discovery, responsibility, and the pursuit of one's destiny.
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

As the story unfolds, Galen's evolution from a newcomer to a central figure in Voulhire's destiny is enthralling to witness.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”