Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Uche Active »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

We have all watched movies about a group or family adventure, sometimes in beautiful or horrific places. The thing is that we enjoyed such stories. Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa is a true-life story about Tina Dreffin. The book details her family’s adventure into Africa.

Tina Dreffin, as a young girl, faced many experiences, especially sexually, as she grew up. In one of her life experiences, she got in contact with Peter, a sailor who became her husband. As Tina gets married to Peter, she also gets married to the sea. She, her husband, and her children began to practically live on the sea as they journeyed to various places on the globe. In this book, the author talks about their adventure in Africa and their experiences. The group commenced their voyage from South Africa after days of extensive planning and went through different cities. Do you want to know where and what the group will face? Grab a copy of this book to find out.

One thing I like about this book is its arrangement. The author made sure to arrange the book well and put it in an ordered manner, which is beautiful. The book also included colored pictures and maps. I could not just read about the adventure, but I could also see it. It makes the book more fun and thrilling to read since a good book is one in which the writer does more showing than telling. The book also included quotes and thought-provoking write-ups about living life to the fullest. They were powerful and made me reflect on myself.

The author arranged the book in an inorganic order. The book details their experiences on the adventure. The author wrote in such a way that she used her words to connect with the readers. At intervals, the author included details of a young woman’s life and the perils she passed through, especially at the hands of men. The author would always reminisce about her ugly and unhappy past life whenever an event or action from her family triggered it. Her life went from grass to grace, and she was grateful for the changes.

There was nothing to dislike about this book. The author put her heart into this book, and I enjoyed reading about their adventures. From seeing the animals at Kruger National Park to the waterfalls in Grenada, it was exciting. The book was also educational. It included teachings for sexually harassed persons. I also did not find any major errors in the book, which shows that it was exceptionally well-edited. Therefore, I rate this book five out of five stars for excellence.

I recommend this book to adults and people in the family line, especially women. Lovers of adventure are also welcome to read it. However, I advise against young children reading it due to its profanity and sex scene rating.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Azuka Jessica
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azuka-jessica.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Azuka Jessica »

Wow... Even the cover page screams adventure. I am very curious about the content of the book and every adventure and experience Tina and her family gathered in Africa. Amazing review.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

I understand your reservations about the length of the book, but I believe a lengthy autobiography is not uncommon. However, your suggestion for a glossary is thoughtful and would have been helpful, especially for non-native speakers of the author's language.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

Tina is one of the most courageous woman I've ever known.
The way she talked about herself in this book, just makes you believe that. As long as you are inspired the wrong way, you can go through any difficulty in life .
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Goodness Azuka »

This is one of the most inspiring books. Tina poses as a courageous model for every female out there. Thanks for a nice review
Jane Honda
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

I was able to understand the womanhood more after reading this book. Indeed women shouldn't be left out having fun. The are amazing and strong people I comment Tina for how strength.
Sinachi Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinachi-azuka.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sinachi Azuka »

With the book's cover, I was expecting a horror story but this is an interesting twist. Thanks for a well-written review. Looking forward to reading this book.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Noble Reads »

Tina Dreffin is a traveller and adventurer by heart. This book narrates some of her experiences in her and her family's journey to Africa. She has gone through many challenges shared in the book for readers to learn.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

I must say, your review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin is exceptional! Your introduction effectively captures the allure of group or family adventures portrayed in movies and sets the stage for the book's exploration of Tina Dreffin's true-life story. Your enthusiasm for such stories shines through, and it has piqued my interest in experiencing this African adventure firsthand.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Notably, the book features vividly colored pictures and maps, allowing readers to not only read about the adventure but also visually experience it. This adds an element of excitement and thrill to the reading experience, as a well-crafted book is one that emphasizes showing rather than telling. Tina Dreffin, a passionate traveler and adventurer, shares her personal experiences in this book, chronicling her and her family's journey to Africa. Throughout the narrative, she candidly recounts the numerous challenges she has faced, providing valuable lessons for readers to glean from.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

This memoir is a reminder that life's greatest lessons are often learned outside the comfort zone, pushing us to grow, adapt, and embrace the unknown.such a beautiful book!
Sheen Jenny
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sheen-jenny.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Sheen Jenny »

"Bluewater Walkabout: Into Africa is a compelling and courageous true-life adventure that takes readers on an extraordinary journey with Tina Dreffin and her family. From facing challenging experiences as a young girl to embracing a life married to both her husband and the sea, Tina's story is a testament to the power of resilience and the pursuit of wanderlust. The book promises to be a captivating read, offering a glimpse into the wonders and challenges they encounter during their adventure in Africa. A must-read for anyone seeking an inspiring and captivating tale of exploration and family bonds."
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Onyeka Dibor
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-onyeka-dibor.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Onyeka Dibor »

Tina Dreffin's memoir "Bluewater Walkabout" serves as a reminder of the strength that comes from embracing the unknown.
Jessica Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jessica-azuka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Jessica Azuka »

Adventures? I love reading them. I love the book more that the author included pictures. I would love to join the family in the adventure. Thanks for an interesting review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”