Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ayilaran Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ayilaran-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: The Biblical Clock by Daniel Friedmann and Dania Sheldon

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Ayilaran Emmanuel »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A Dream For Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir is a memoir written by an activist and doctor, Dr. Gulem Berrah, which describes much of his life. The narrative of the book begins with the author's upbringing, childhood, and basic education. Goulem was born in Algeria during the French colonial period. As a result, he became a victim of racial discrimination while at school. Even after Gulem enters college, these incidents do not stop but rather worsen. Concerned about this issue, Gulem formed a group to advocate for the rights of African students like him in schools. This officially marked the beginning of its activities.

The writing in this book is superb. The author's life is extensively covered in each chapter, so readers never get the impression that he is one-dimensional or that his writing lacks vulnerability. The talks and connections that were discussed personally in this book were some of my favorites. Despite being primarily known as a political figure, the author takes the time to tenderly and precisely explain the people he loves. In particular, he is a highly devout man, and his literature reflects this. Despite the fact that he is a devout Muslim, he makes it clear that he respects people from all religious backgrounds. He even details his encounter with the Pope.

I had a good time reading this book and learned enough from it. Memoirs give me a way to learn about how to live and lead. I'm glad I found this book. I gained an understanding of the importance of leadership, bravery, and being a good follower. In the book's dedication, Dr. Ghoulem expresses his gratitude for his mother's influence as well as for his wife, about whom he penned an entire chapter. I was on the edge of my seat as I followed Gulem's story.

The book was expertly written and edited. This was an in-depth insider's view of the political environment and conflicts—both then and now. I was inspired by his unwavering devotion to his wife, a love that endured despite all of its flaws. He embraced the dualities of two religions as another way to express his love for the All-Powerful. He stuck by his conviction nonetheless. Furthermore, there was nothing religious about this work. The book's illustrations improved the story.

I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys history, politics, or positions of leadership. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars for its flawless grammar and well-thought-out arrangement.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Blessing Chi Peculiar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-chi-peculiar.html
Latest Review: Maria Tunicka Conductor by James Aiello

Post by Blessing Chi Peculiar »

I couldn't agree more with your review! Your detailed description of the author's dedication to his mother and wife, as well as his ability to embrace the dualities of religion, really drew me in. It's clear that you read the book with a critical eye and were able to capture its essence in your review.
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

Dr Berrah life is a blessing to Africa and I am thankful that he wrote this book before he passed on. Good book with a great review. Well-done.
Emmanuel Gbadura
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emmanuel-gbadura.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Emmanuel Gbadura »

The author of this book teaches readers how to be better people through the example of his own life. It is not always easy to recognize someone whose life is deserving of imitation, but the author's most certainly is.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”