Review of Unicorns Know Magic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Park Cherri
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 64
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-park-cherri.html
Latest Review: The Eavesdropper by Peter Wise

Review of Unicorns Know Magic

Post by Park Cherri »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unicorns Know Magic" by Charles Adkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Charles T. Adkins wrote and Ros Webb illustrated Unicorns Know Magic, a small, vibrant children's book with only 37 pages. The story revolves around two siblings, a boy and a girl, whose neighbors were four unicorns that sprang from the moon and were created in the stars. Abby, Georgia, Bitsy, and Chase are the names of these unicorns. They could fly. The unicorns and these kids embarked on various adventures together. To name a few, the unicorns flew them to exotic locations they had never visited before, and they ate cuisine they had never tried before.

First of all, this book introduces young children to fantastic creatures like unicorns. The fact that they can fly and eat vegetables was specifically mentioned by the author. The images were lovely, and they were created to help kids understand the physical characteristics of a unicorn, such as its horn on the forehead, wings, and bushy tails, as well as how similar they might be to horses while also being distinct.

Little ones could also pick up some morals and lessons from this. I believe that being friendly is the first lesson kids could learn. The kids and unicorns got along well with one another because they were both nice and amiable. Similarly, parents will tell their children to use excellent table manners when reading about the unicorns' poor behavior. The unicorns were able to tidy up after themselves as well. The kids will learn from this to constantly clean up their messes and assist around the house.

Although the text was too small for the lovely visuals, I missed some until I went back and read the book. In contrast to the vibrant background, the text's use of black is too light. The readers' eyes will have to work hard to read this. Elderly people would find it challenging to read it to their grandchildren; therefore, I hope the author fixes this. I found this to be one of the drawbacks I noticed. I rate this children's book 4 out of 5 stars. The kid's and girl's names were not revealed, which is another flaw I observed that led me to deduct a star. "My sister and I" was frequently used by the author.

This storybook was free of errors. It is exceptionally edited. Children from the age of six and up should try this, in my opinion. The grammar is straightforward to read and comprehend. It's incredibly brief. They'll complete it in one sitting.

Unicorns Know Magic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Sex and the Sixty Something Guy by Mr. X

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Although I'm not a fan of children books. I can see that you've provided the exact details needed for every parent to want to get this bok for their children, well-done.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I like that children can learn good lessons from this book especially the lesson about table manners and being tidy and cleaning up after eating.
Thank you for sharing this review with us.
I'll like to read this book one day
Ogidor Chinasa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 147
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogidor-chinasa.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Ogidor Chinasa »

, "Unicorns Know Magic" seems like a delightful and engaging book for young children. It introduces fantastic creatures and teaches valuable lessons about friendship and good behavior. The illustrations are lovely and help children understand the physical characteristics of unicorns. Great review
Mhoreni Kheji
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabrina-david.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Mhoreni Kheji »

I love the way you described the plot of this book. It's amazing. Your review gave me a sense of what I want to read. Thanks for sharing your knowledge on it. Well done!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

I like the plot of the book. I would love to have Unicorns as neighbors too( lol). I enjoyed reading your review well done.
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

A story about unicorns is one kids would most definitely falk in love with. I liked how your review explained the flow of the story.
Famzi Ken
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Defining Moments of a Free Man from a Black Stream
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-famzi-ken.html
Latest Review: My Pound of Flesh by William Thielman

Post by Famzi Ken »

It is stories like this that make you wish for a world without problems. Fairytale stories of adventures, unicorns, princesses, and others make you nostalgic about when you were a child. Great review
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

This book is most suitable for kids, as I noticed it teaches children to be nice and friendly following the interaction between the two kids and the unicorns.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

I believe books like this one are meant to entertain kids with colorful illustrations and enlighten them with important life lessons. It's good that the author delivered on both ends. Beautiful review.
Favour Chiedozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-chiedozie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Favour Chiedozie »

The book is centered on Unicorn and how entertaining it is to kids. It helps to let little ones get exposed to the physical characteristics of unicorn. It is meant to be entertaining and of good morals to kids.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

These kinds of tales make you yearn for an unproblematic world. You become nostalgic when reading fairy tales about adventures, unicorns, princesses, and other things. superb review
Mercy Udeokeke
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-udeokeke.html
Latest Review: Mothers Vol. 1 by Ben Burgess Jr.

Post by Mercy Udeokeke »

Unicorns Know Magic sounds like an intriguing children's book about four Unicorns. This sounds like a fun read that kids would love. Thanks for the great review.
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

This book is best suited for youngsters since, as I saw, it instills kindness and good manners in kids through the interactions between the two kids and the unicorns.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

Unicorns Know Magic appears to be a captivating children's book centered around a group of four unicorns. The concept holds promise for an enjoyable reading experience that would likely be adored by kids. Thank you for the fantastic review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”