Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Tari egai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Tina Dreffin's memoir, Blue Water Walkabout into Africa, is a captivating account of her remarkable oceanic adventures that are both thrilling and awe-inspiring, featuring breathtaking experiences amidst moments of danger.

This book chronicles the author's inspiring journey of self-discovery as she embarks on a walkabout adventure with her family, navigating the seas on an international voyage full of thrilling escapades alongside her husband Peter, their sons Adam and Warren, and friends. The Dreffin family's tale is captivating, and the author masterfully weaves in their personal journey amidst their sailing adventures. Through candid and courageous storytelling, Tina's love and strength shine through every page, reflecting the unbreakable bond that holds their family together.

In addition to her exciting adventures, Tina Dreffin also shares her intimate and painful experiences in her book, making it not only a thrilling read but also an inspirational and motivational one. Her book has the potential to help women overcome various challenging situations in life. By courageously opening up about her own struggles, Tina offers a beacon of hope and inspiration to her readers.

The author's skill in starting every chapter with a quote is impressive. The quick-witted and fast-paced writing style captures the reader's attention, leaving them yearning for more. The vivid and colorful descriptions of the various places visited during the trip help the reader experience the places and imbibe the spirit of exploration. The author strikes a perfect balance between narrating the events of the trip and reflecting on parenting with just the right amount of philosophy and musings. The book has been well edited, and I didn't encounter any errors while reading. Overall, it is an easy and enjoyable read.

I would rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. It is wonderfully written and offers honest and thrilling accounts of a family's ups and downs as they make life-changing decisions to follow their dreams. The book does not shy away from difficult and challenging times, and it is not just a story of adventures but also of relationships and redemption.

I highly recommend this book to all adventure enthusiasts, as well as anyone who has experienced a painful past, as the book offers valuable tips and guidelines on how to manage and prevent life-threatening and challenging events. Additionally, for anyone who wants to spend a few enjoyable hours reliving someone else's adventures, this book is a must-read. However, a word of warning: once you start reading it, you won't want to put it down until you've finished it!

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

This was a really exciting memoir. Tina's vivid and elaborate descriptions were amazing. Travelling is a luxury not everyone can afford, and it's so refreshing to see a family embark on such an adventure.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

I am currently reading this book and I'm excited about the journey and the memories Tina and her family made during their adventure to Africa. This is an engaging review, well done.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

This is an interesting book. The author went on an adventure with her family by sailing through the African Oceans. The author also gave insights into what it is to have good mental health and look beyond the past and regrets.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Great job on the review! You really captured the essence of the book and made it sound exciting. Your review made me have interest in reading this book. Well done.
Nnena Blessing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nnena-blessing.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Nnena Blessing »

The voyage and the memories Tina and her family formed on their trip to Africa are making me eager to finish this book, which I'm reading right now. Well done on such a fascinating review.
Christabel Ify Benson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-ify-benson.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Christabel Ify Benson »

I appreciate how you highlighted the educational aspects of the book. It's always great to learn something new while being entertained. Good job
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

From this novel, one would be able to learn about a lot of places one can visit. Also, their culture were well spoken about with different animals. Well done!
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Tina is a strong woman and this is evident in her stories. I like the idea behind the Walkabout and I look forward to receiprocating same with my family too.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”