Review of Devil Among Us

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of Devil Among Us

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Devil Among Us" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

There is a Jewish synagogue in Brooklyn, and as they said the final prayer in the Yizkor service, there was a bombing in the synagogue, killing many and injuring many more. Lara Edmond, an FBI agent, and the Joint Terrorism Task Force work together to figure out what caused the explosion. Parkinson believed that a family of three was responsible for the bombing at the Orthodox Synagogue.

Some families were suspected of being involved in this terrible incident: the Kadouchs, the Rahlevis, and many more, and I'm sure you won't want to miss out on solving this mystery with the agents Lara and Uri. To learn more about the people involved in this heinous act, read Jack Winnick's book, Devil Among Us.

I really liked this book because Jack was so realistic about the events and timing. The accuracy of the locations mentioned by the author was impressive, and I realized that he must have done thorough research for this book. The transition between scenes was also simple because I was never confused when the scene changed.

I liked how the detectives collaborated, and you can see the results of their efforts by reading this book. I loved how compatible Lara and Uri were because it seemed like they were meant to be. The way Jack led me through the story made me laugh because every time I thought I had it figured out, there would be another suspect, which is another factor that sets this book apart.

I didn't dislike anything in this book except the fact that Lara and Uri were put in danger every time they went out to fight or uncover crimes, which is not something I wish for any family. Based on my personal preferences, I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. I found just one error while reading this book, indicating that it was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to anyone who enjoys crime fiction and adventure. People with mature minds will enjoy this book as well due to its high level of action and violence.

Devil Among Us
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

The events being so realistic in the events and timings really shows that the author invested a lot in research to put this book together so I agree with you on that point.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

I liked seeing Uri and Lara again after their protracted separation in this novel. It was fascinating to watch how their relationship became stronger over time.
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

This is something to actually get involved in. The suspense, mystery solving and action all my favorite genre.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I hope Lara Edmund and her FBI secret agents will investigate and find out the main source of the bombing. Parkinson's believe is still under probability.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

The fact that these people don't care for their own love or the feelings of their loved ones when all of this is over baffels me. Like where next do we go from here?????
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The assessment of the book's characters is accurate and it's important to avoid harmful stereotypes in literature. Despite the lack of action, the - praise for the storytelling has made me interested in giving this book a chance.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

It's crucial to be aware of harmful stereotypes and their impact on readers. Despite the lack of action, the praise for the storytelling and character relationships has made me interested in giving this book a chance.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

Despite the potential triggering content, I'm still interested in giving this book a chance because of the well-crafted plot and engaging characters.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

If there’s anything I love the author Jack Winnick for, it’s for making his novels super realistic and entertaining. I enjoyed reading every word in this book as well as this review.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

I can tell that Winnick in his usual masterful way masterfully weaves together a suspenseful narrative that keeps readers on the edge of their seats from start to finish.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

From the looks of things, the investigation was really complex, even though Lara and Uri wanted to bring the perpetrators to justice. I just admired the determination of the team all together.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”