Review of Always Strive to Be a Better You

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of Always Strive to Be a Better You

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Always Strive to Be a Better You" by Pete Hall.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Living a successful, happy, and fulfilled life hasn’t been easier after reading this book, Always Strive to Be a Better You, by Pete Hall. From the title, one doesn’t need to ask what this book is all about. Human nature is flexible and made in such a way that we can control it based on our decisions. The things I learned from this book are numerous. You can make a huge difference in an ugly situation with your mindset.

The thirteen key lessons in this book can perform the magic of completely changing you from that sad person to a happy person. A lot of people who are extraordinary today didn’t just fold their hands to be able to achieve what they became; it all stemmed from their mindset, their core, and their ability to take action. The author established stories of different people who were able to make a huge difference in who they were. Who are you? What is your definition and description? These questions are quite simple to ask, but the answers are complex. Do you seek to become the successful person you have always wanted to be? Be part of the teachings in this book and also apply them. I am convinced that the outcome will be worthwhile.

The thoughts that went through my head when reflecting on the teachings of this book were numerous. I knew that I had been reluctant to take a step toward being a better me. Being a better person is very easy, but making the decisions and making the sacrifices is where we have a lot of challenges. Core values are an interesting topic for me. I will say it is impossible to be successful without having an active core value, even as a team. Everything concerning setting a core value and its implementation has already been explained in this book. Pete Hall is an amazing author, and his verbosity in this book explains that. The lessons were so simple to follow with pauses and reflections, which happens to be the time when readers digest what has been read. The cover page was very colorful, and the vision of the book was also clearly stated. I also loved how the author brought in characters who fit into each lesson; this proves that what he wrote is achievable.

I did not notice any errors while reading, and the only thing that was off for me in this book was the writing pattern, e.g., capitalization, italics, and bold; they were used often in the book. It was insignificant to the quality of the book, though. So I can say the book was brilliantly edited.

I will rate this book five out of five stars, following what has been said above. This book is best suited for anyone who wants to be a better person.

Always Strive to Be a Better You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Unique Mary Iloakasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-unique-mary-iloakasia.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Unique Mary Iloakasia »

The review was fun to read. The positive and negative aspects were properly outlined. I commend the reviewer on such a good job. Congrats.
Rob Carr
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rob-carr.html
Latest Review: Silent Legacy by P J Maughan

Post by Rob Carr »

Thanks for the review. I hope you are able to overcome your reluctance and take that next step!
:idea: Rob Carr :idea:
QwinMaryann
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-qwinmaryann.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by QwinMaryann »

I love the review and I recommend this book for everyone who wants to be a better version of their selves
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Taking the decision to be a better person is one thing, working towards it is another.
This book seems to outline the appropriate steps to take to achieve that goal.
Thanks for your well-written review.
Chinelo Valerie Hero
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelo-valerie-hero.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Chinelo Valerie Hero »

I am not a big fan of self-help books because I feel like most of the suggestions they make are easier said than done, but your review is quite interesting.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

Always Strive to Be a Better You" by Pete Hall sounds like a book I would definitely love to read. I believe this book is worthwhile for those who want to be better in life.
CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH »

I must commend how you brilliantly pinpointed all your likes about the book. I enjoyed reading your review, and I'll love to read the book as well.
Reader_noc
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reader-noc.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Reader_noc »

Your review was really interesting to read. I hope this motivational book is different from most self-help books and can be able offer practicable guide on how to be a better version of ourselves.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Guilty of Stealing His Heart by Nancy Lynn White

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

Hmm, recently I realized that whatever has happened or is happening, how one reacts to it determines the end result. The key lies in always seeing things from the right perceptive. kudos on the review.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

It's a well-written and educational review. I'm tempted to read the book myself because you give a fantastic account of the action without giving anything away.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

There are many vices that stands to hinder us from being a more better versions of ourselves but most time we are our own problem. It takes discipline, determination and patience to conquer you.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html

Post by Uche Active »

This book seems to be fully loaded with teachings that are educational and impactful and inspiring. Thanks for an interesting review. I am looking forward to reading this book to learn from it.
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

Your review is well written. If anything is going to change in a person’s life, it first begins from the mindset. Once the mindset has had a shift, then it makes the rest easy. Well done!
Sophia Damilola Ajayi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sophia-d-ajayi.html

Post by Sophia Damilola Ajayi »

This is a great self help book that charges readers to take a bold step toward being successful. I admire your ability to highlight the qualities of this book in your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”