Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Charles Ashinze
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-charles-ashinze.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Charles Ashinze »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Zona: The Forbidden Land is a mystery novel that follows the journey of Dr. Grant Taylor as he arrives in St. Petersburg, Russia, to investigate the death of his uncle Randall, who disappeared during an expedition. Upon arriving in St. Petersburg, Russia, Grant is attacked by an intruder going through his uncle's books. Grant quickly discovers that there is more to his uncle's death than meets the eye, and he becomes embroiled in a dangerous conspiracy that threatens his life and the lives of those around him. Along the way, he meets Captain Oleg Godunov, a scientist with a fascination for weather instruments who has information about his uncle's death. Captain Godunov may hold the key to unlocking the truth behind his uncle's death. Grant's investigation takes him on a journey of discovery as he uncovers shocking truths about his uncle's expedition and his own life.

The author did an excellent job creating a suspenseful and intriguing mystery that kept me engaged and captivated throughout the book. The story is well-constructed, with enough twists and turns that had me guessing until the end. The ending was very unpredictable. The characters are well-developed and realistic, with complex personalities and motives. Their interactions and relationships felt relatable and authentic, which added depth to the story.

The various locations included were well-researched and added to the overall authenticity of the book. I appreciate the author's attention to detail in explaining each setting and its characteristics, for example, the native food of a place.

The only negative aspect of Zona: The Forbidden Land is that some readers may find the pacing slow occasionally. The author spent time building up the mystery, which may not appeal to readers who prefer faster-paced stories.

The editing was exceptional. I found no errors. The plot was intriguing and captivating. It had the right amount of suspense and well-developed characters. My only criticism is the occasional slow pace. Based on my evaluation, I would rate Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker 4 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy mystery and suspense novels with a well-crafted plot and realistic characters.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aditya Bedarkar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 80%

Post by Aditya Bedarkar »

this book is very great, very inspirational definetely worth it
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I was. Very impressed by the book as well. The descriptions were outstanding. It’s very difficult to write such vivid descriptions of a fictional place. I felt as ifI was there. Thanks!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”