Review of The Reel Sisters

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fergie Jessica Edeni
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fergie-jessica-edeni.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of The Reel Sisters

Post by Fergie Jessica Edeni »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings tells the tale of four attractive women who go fly fishing. The four females are Rose, Veronica, Amanda, and Sophie. These women come together out of love to strive for the same goal, despite having various dreams and goals in life. The oldest, Rose, is a director and a fly-fishing fundamentals instructor. The first female to get close to Rose before the other females is Sophie, who runs a farm. They save a little Melody who is drowning during one of their trips. What objectives did they have before forming a team? Melody, did she go fly fishing with them? Purchase a copy to learn more.

I was engrossed as I read how these four ladies meet a young girl while out fishing, and after saving her from drowning, she immediately becomes a valuable member of their group. The characters take turns telling their fishing successes, humorous anecdotes, and life stories, creating a realistic portrait of their distinctive personalities and histories through their adventures on the lake.

Rose is my favorite character in this book because of how she coordinates with the other women. The protagonists are endearing. Every lady in the story is represented by the author, who tells the tale in the first-person present tense. Most readers will be able to relate to at least one of the characters' journeys because the array of characters is so different. I was unfamiliar with fly fishing until the author presented it to me in clear, basic language. The plot was not compromised by the sport's specifics, and some of the facts were intriguing. Each of the female characters has a unique plotline. Overall, I'm impressed by how highly the ladies regard Rose and how well she retains their interest. I enjoyed reading this book because I was curious to see how each character's life turned out.  

Regarding this book, I have no issues. The book gave me a lot of useful advice, including how to form and maintain lifelong friendships. I'm proud to report that I now understand what needs to be done in order to forge genuine connections with others. I must compliment both the writer on his inventiveness and the editor for not identifying any errors in the book. It is exceptionally edited.  

The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings receives a rating of 5 out of 5 stars from me because it is engrossing, humorous, dramatic, and full of twists and turns that had me reading to the very end. The characters were relatable, and the language was exquisitely descriptive. I had the impression of joining the women in the rivers to fish because the scenery was so vibrant. I suggest this book to everyone looking for an uplifting tale that emphasizes people's morals and values. Both sexes can appreciate this book, but a female audience will find it to be the most significant and relatable.

The Reel Sisters
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Oputu Dora Timi-Ebuoh
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oputu-dora-timi-ebuoh.html
Latest Review: Devil in False Colors by Jack Winnick

Post by Oputu Dora Timi-Ebuoh »

Your review is so well-written.I admire your attention to detail and your ability to express yourself clearly. And I really like how you chose Rose as your favorite character which was mine too when I read the book. Thank you for an enjoyable review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

What a great review! Everyone needs a friend and these women were that to each other. I am really. Happy that they were able to let Melody into their group so easily.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

Overall, your review has been extremely helpful and informative. You've given me a great sense of what to expect from this book and its author, and I'm grateful for the time and effort you put into writing such a thoughtful review. Thanks for sharing your insights!
Adeleye Seun
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adeleye-seun.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Adeleye Seun »

Dealing with people from different background or ethnic can be an headache, but Rose, Veronica, Amanda and Sophie, didn't not just come together as one but also work on the same goals.... This is a great review
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

Different people with one passion, I will like to add this book to my book shelve. From your review, Rose is a blessing to the group and they are all unique in character.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The Reel Sisters" by Michelle Cummings is heartwarming and engaging tale about the friendship and bond between four women brought together by their love for fly fishing. Each woman, with her unique dreams and goals in life, comes together to strive for a common goal.
Peace Eze
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-eze.html
Latest Review: Higher Connections by Eric Right and Alexandra Right

Post by Peace Eze »

The relationship between these women is really amazing. They were supportive to one another.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”