Review of E M P Honeymoon

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Noble Reads
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-noble-reads.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Review of E M P Honeymoon

Post by Noble Reads »

[Following is a volunteer review of "E M P Honeymoon" by Dorothy May Mercer.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

What do you do after discovering a plot against your country? In this book by Dorothy May Mercer, a honeymoon turns into an investigation when Kelly discovers a covert mission against her country.

While on her honeymoon in Honduras, Kelly discovers a shop used as a cover to run a covert operation. She then contacted Senator McBride to report the matter. This operation was enforced by the Koreans against America. There in Honduras was Steve, a CIA agent disguised as a tourist to act as the eyes and ears of the CIA. After many discoveries, they discovered that the Koreans planned on directing a nuclear weapon toward America. It is now up to Kelly and Tom, with help from some acquaintances, to save America. Read EMP Honeymoon to enter a world of crime and adventure.

It is a 277-page book with sixteen chapters. It has a table of contents in link form for quick navigation. It contains elements of action, crime, and adventure. People and places were emphasized with details, making the book more factual. The author was good at using military terminology. I think the author used this book as a reference to real-world happenings. It speaks of the fight for power among countries and how they aim to achieve world dominance through nuclear weapons.

The book has an unarguably intriguing plot. It was also informative. It explained what an electromagnetic pulse is and the possible effects of a solar flare. My favorite character in the book is Jung Lo for his courage in sabotaging the Korean operation. His character is worth emulating, as he knew what was right and therefore took the risk. It was nice to see how Team USA cooperated to eliminate a common enemy.

I had no problems while reading this book. I enjoyed reading it, being a fan of spy and action novels. It was funny to see Dear Leader enthusiastic about his plan, totally ignorant that it was overridden. The book had a nice but abrupt ending, although the author later gave more details on its conclusion. Although unnecessary, I recommend reading a prelude to this book, "Cynthia and Dan," by the same author. It is to introduce readers to some characters included in the book. The book was exceptionally well-edited, as I encountered no errors. I rate the book 5 out of 5 stars.

I recommend this book to action, crime, and adventure lovers. It would appeal to lovers of spy novels. The book has a few instances of profanity.

E M P Honeymoon
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
MsChet Cherry
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

A honeymoon gone sour! I wonder what Kelly reaction was when she accidentally discovered the heinous plot of the terrorists.
The book sounds so enchanting. Thanks for the awesome review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

The Koreans planning an attack? I really need more details on this, especially about which Korea. Nevertheless, i guess their honeymoon is automatically ended. I am looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.
CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH »

I never even knew that this book is in the same series with Cynthia and Dan. I enjoyed reading your review by the way. Thank you!
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

I'll really love to find the answer to the reviewer's question. I'll love to know what Kelly did after discovering the plot against her country. This is a very interesting crime and investigation thriller. I am looking forward to a delightful read.
Emeka Anderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-anderson.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Emeka Anderson »

The itinerary curated by Dorothy May Mercer on Emp Honeymoon ensured that every moment was filled with joy and adventure.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: Dagger's Destiny by Linnea Tanner

Post by Osakwe Favour »

The romance amidst the chaos added a layer of depth to the story, making it more than just a typical post-apocalyptic thriller. The characters in E M P Honeymoon felt so real and relatable.
David Samanthaa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-david-samanthaa.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base

Post by David Samanthaa »

EMP Honeymoon is an engaging and unique read. The author skillfully combines elements of romance and survival, making it a standout in the post-apocalyptic genre

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”