Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Eliah king
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eliah-king.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

Post by Eliah king »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd Edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In East Wind 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick, the story follows Lara and Uri, who are recruited by their government for a highly classified mission. Their task is to locate and spy on a terrorist organisation that poses a threat to the United States.

The backdrop of the story is the tension between the United States and Pakistan over their support of Israel, which has ignited the anger of the enemies. The terrorist organisation has already carried out bombings in several cities in the United States, resulting in widespread destruction and casualties. With the clock ticking and the terrorists threatening more attacks within five days unless the United States changes its stance on Israel, Lara and Uri face a seemingly impossible challenge to stop the impending attacks and save the day.

I found the second edition of East Wind 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick to be absolutely fascinating to read. The actions and events depicted in the book were so captivating that they left me almost speechless. I thoroughly enjoyed every chapter, and it's difficult for me to choose a favourite because they were all equally engaging.

I didn't like the fact that some parts of the book were overly detailed. Winnick extensively shared his expertise in chemical and nuclear engineering, thoroughly explaining the components required to build a nuclear weapon and providing meticulous descriptions of the building process, including suggestions for improving the size and impact of the blast. While this information may be intriguing for some readers, it could be overwhelming for others due to its level of detail.

The first and second chapters, in particular, had me on the edge of my seat with curiosity. The book was professionally well-written and edited, with very few errors. The only issue I noticed was some profanity and sexual content in the write-up of this book. I would rate the second edition of East Wind 2nd Edition by Jack Winnick with a 4 out of 5 stars.

I deducted one star due to the explicit content and depictions of violence, which may not be suitable for all readers.
I would recommend it to adult readers who enjoy action-packed books, but caution them about the explicit content.

East Wind, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I find the reason for all these evil activities to be very vague and unnecessary why people will kill citizens because of their own primary objectives which seems unimportant at the end of the day.
Kim Writerfrak Walters
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-writerfrak.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kim Writerfrak Walters »

"The writing style was absolutely beautiful. The author has a way with words that made every sentence a pleasure to read. I found myself savoring each page."

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”