Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Tari egai
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tari-egai.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Tari egai »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's life story is recounted in his memoir, A Dream for Peace: An Ambassador's Memoir. In the book, the author details his personal experiences, including his upbringing in Algeria under French colonial rule, his role as a husband, politician, and scientist, and his travels around the world. The memoir is enhanced with photographs of the people he met along the way. The book spans 644 pages in total.

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah was born in an Algerian town when France still had colonial power over Algeria. He grew up experiencing and enduring oppression against his people, which motivated him to fight against discrimination. During his time studying in France, he joined and founded revolutionary groups, driven by his strong belief in equality. Despite facing challenges and obstacles, he never gave up on his cause.

I enjoyed reading this book for several reasons. Firstly, the author's writing style and narration were captivating and detailed, making it easy for me to relate to the message being conveyed without any difficulty in understanding. Secondly, the book was enlightening and informative, providing me with insights into Algerian history and interesting facts about other African countries, such as Côte d'Ivoire and Morocco. Lastly, the life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah, the subject of the book, was inspiring. He demonstrated intelligence, hard work, persistence, diligence, and innovation, excelling not only as a political diplomat but also as a scientist, paving the way for scientific advancements. Overall, this book was a fascinating read that left me both entertained and educated.

Although I enjoyed the book, some aspects of the author's story left me feeling uneasy. For instance, in Morocco, he was asked by rabbis to examine girls before their weddings to issue "certificates of abstinence." Additionally, during his official duty in China, he confessed to a feminist that he believed women should concentrate solely on raising children for a better world. Lastly, its extensive length of over 600 pages may prove daunting for those uninterested in history and politics.

I would give this book a solid 5 out of 5 stars for its captivating portrayal of the diplomat's inspiring life journey. It serves as an excellent source of motivation and an exemplary model to follow. The book was professionally edited, as there were just two errors, indicating the editor's high level of expertise.

I highly recommend this book to individuals who possess a strong curiosity regarding the intricacies of diplomacy, the effects of colonization, and the principles of diverse religions. This book can serve as an excellent learning tool for those interested in conflict resolution and political diplomacy.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Dr Berrah is a blessing to Africa and the world as a whole. It is a good thing that he was able to write this book before his demise. Such a good one, well-done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”