Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Review of East Wind, 2nd Edition

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

[Following is a volunteer review of "East Wind, 2nd Edition" by Jack Winnick.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Uri was a member of the Metsada; he spoke Arabic fluently because he learned it while growing up. There was a Lebanon mission that targeted Hakim, who is believed to have led raids in Arab countries. His wife, Danielle, left Uri Levin after he returned from a mission in Israel. He was later transferred to the United States, where he was to investigate a terrorist group.

As events unfold, Uri meets with a lady by the name of Lara Edmond, who is his new partner and a computer network analyst. Get this book, East Wind, 2nd Edition, by Jack Winnick, to get a taste of the interesting story of how Lara and Uri worked together to uncover terrorist activities.

I enjoyed the storyline of the book generally; the author didn’t fail to add the basic elements that put an action-based novel together. There was a touch of everything, such as violence, romance, and different people of diverse ethnicities, and this makes this book stand out, and I believe that this series is now the best I have read in a very long time. The author was very descriptive, and I enjoyed it more as it made me see clear pictures with just words.

I didn’t like the fact that people had to die because of their selfish desires and inhumane nature. Terrorism also seems to be a problem in the world because of the selfish desires of some people, and this leading to the deaths of many, including children, also bothered me. The aspects of the book where Jack explained nuclear chemistry were difficult for me to comprehend, and I rate this book 4 out of 5 stars because of the reasons stated above.

I recommend this book to people who want a clearer picture of what life around terrorists would be like, and I also believe that this book, in the hands of a terrorist, can make them understand the pain they inflict on the world. While reading this book, I encountered a few errors, which shows it was professionally edited.

East Wind, 2nd Edition
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

Having a wife leave after so much experience and trauma can be frustrating, wonder how he managed to survive that. Well i would like to see how things went with lara. Good review
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

With the excitement of actions, suspense, and compelling characters, Jack Winnick delivers an amazing story of collaboration and investigation that left me eagerly turning the pages.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stars in Our Hearts by Kylie Welch

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

The truth is that agents like Uri will always be on a mission, one way or another, investigating and monitoring terrorists to avoid causing harm to the citizens. Secret agents are really sacrificing their time and energy for their nation.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

We don't have a choice of who does or not. When ever some one with a twisted mentality is fixated on his goals, it's going to take more than a little convincing to change his mind.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The idea of the characters having to work together despite their cultural differences is a relevant and important theme. It's good that the book doesn't shy away from portraying the difficulties of tracking down terrorists.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

I'm curious to see how the author handles the interactions between the Mossad agent and the FBI analyst. The fact that the book explores the complexities of the conflict in Israel and the Middle East adds depth to the story.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

The idea of a high-stakes race against time adds to the tension and excitement of the story. It's good that the book explores the personal motivations of the characters, which adds to their complexity.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

The world we live in is filled with people desperate for power and willing to kill their fellow humans to achieve anything, east wind by Jack Winnick is a beautiful book that is a roll coaster of emotions.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

Winnick's thorough research and engaging writing style bring to life the complexities of East-West relations during the Cold War era. A great review you have here!
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

Uri and Lara's partnership was really a captivating blend of intelligence, resilience, and unyielding determination, which kept my interest when reading how they combated terrorism.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”