Review of Nightlord: Sunset

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Review of Nightlord: Sunset

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Nightlord: Sunset" by Garon Whited.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

After years of watching vampire movies, I was interested in Garon's story when I read the book's description, and I believe that no one would want to miss this account of how the world would be if vampires actually existed.
This book focuses on the life of Eric and how he became a vampire. It started by telling us how Terri, Eric's fiancée, called off their wedding and left him heartbroken. When he was trying to get his mind off her, he went out to have a drink and ended up getting drunk.

After a long night, Eric only remembers when he was in a bar the night before when he worked up in the room of a strange woman by the name of Sarah and discovered he was transformed into a vampire. He was now learning how to adapt and live like a vampire while also trying to control his magical abilities. Get this book, Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited, to get the full story of how Eric lived his new life as a vampire.

I liked this book because of how the author was able to get my attention as a reader with just the first few pages of the book. I believe his style was unique, and his main goal of captivating his readers was achieved.

I also liked the idea of travelling between worlds with portals, as it was interesting and creative, in my opinion. I think there was no rush with the main character, Eric, and the progression of his growth in the book was just perfect.

I didn't like the aspect of the book not having a character page because I believe that it would have been of help to the readers to make references when confused about the role of any character, and for this reason of mine, I would rate this book 4 out of 5 stars. While reading this book, I didn't encounter any errors, which shows that it was flawlessly edited. I recommend this book to people who love adventure movies and vampire movies such as Van Helsing.

Nightlord: Sunset
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

Well having a vampires power is pretty cool though. All this wouldn't have happened if his heart wasn't broken, well thank God it did 😄. Nice review though
Soma Ezenwanne
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

I was completely drawn into Eric's story and couldn't put the book down. It's filled with heartbreak, mystery, and exciting twists that kept me on the edge of my seat.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 99
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Mrs. White's Sub Snips by Laura Moss White

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

Eric's transformation into a vampire was really mind-blowing. What makes me more interested in the novel is his adaptation to his new form and learning how to use his new abilities.
Ukaegbu Confidence
Favorite Author: Jaide Harley
Favorite Book: The Elder series
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ukaegbu-confidence.html
Latest Review: The Virulence by James C. Hendee
2024 Reading Goal: 52
2024 Goal Completion: 5%

Post by Ukaegbu Confidence »

Lol, the way the transition was explained was is detailed I was sure the author had experienced something similar. It was disgusting but it was perfectly written.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I felt bad for Eric after hearing how his heart was broken by his supposed wife, but he should take all the blame to himself and adapt to the new circumstances of being a vampire. He should start a new life all together.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Whited's writing effortlessly combines elements of fantasy, humor, and mystery to create an engaging and entertaining story.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

I believe that the intricate plot of this book, filled with unexpected turns and surprises, will keep the reader guessing and ensures that the story never loses its momentum.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

I saw Eric's life taking an extraordinary turn after a fateful encounter with Sarah, the book explored the intricacies of his transformation into a vampire and his quest to master his magical powers as well.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”