Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 58
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Jane Honda »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami happens to be one of my first reads on art, so I made sure I did not let anything distract me from this read. This is a fast-paced thriller with fascinating themes. When something of great value goes missing, people go the extra mile to make sure they find it first. Sit tight and flow with the book.

In this book, there were a lot of characters, which is fascinating. The lost painting was at the center of this novel. Angela's dream job of working at the Getty Museum started to wear on her due to the harassment she receives from her boss. Also, part of her nightmares were visions, which she couldn’t understand. Alex was a private investigator who specialized in retrieving stolen art. Soon enough, the visions started getting clear for Angela. It was also a WOW moment when Alex met Angela. They shared something together; what could that be? Will there be a way to recover this painting?

One distinguishing feature of this book was the character's development, especially those who played an active role in the book. The history of this painting spanned years, and I was able to do more external reading due to how unique the painting was. The book was so unpredictable that it reached a point where I was visibly emotional and almost gave up reading it. Belle Ami sure knows how to touch the heart. Part of what made me want to read this book was the cover page, which was so colorful. I also wish to mention that from the start of this book until the end, it was very engaging.

This is an error-free book that I will rate five out of five stars It has outstanding editing. At a point, I was no longer understanding Angela's vision, but I was finally able to get my grip. This is a minor reservation; aside from that, the book was flawless.

Art is unique and portrays a lot. I would recommend this unique book to lovers of art and romance. I am sure you will have fun reading this.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Anabel Mack
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

I enjoyed this book to the fullest. The plot play was superb and the characters gave the book an exquisite taste. I'm glad I read it.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I go back and forth about wanting to read this book. The whole premise of the missing art and Angela’s visions attracts me, as does the whole previous life thing. I am not a fan of romance, though.
CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by CHUKWUMA AGOHUKOH »

That lost painting must be worth a fortune! In your review, you mentioned something about doing external reading on the painting, did you mean extra research? And also does the painting really exist? I'm curious.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

This does look interesting as I am a lover of art and all things painting. But how does this make a fascinating story I wonder. Thanks for this review.
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

This is an intriguing book with a beautiful plot. Imagine having visions about what has happened or will happen later. I hope to read this book soon.
Max Tiffany
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-max-tiffany.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Max Tiffany »

The story sounds interesting, I would love to know how that art painting was retrieved. Alex and Angela's relationship is also interesting to me.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

I love your review on the book. It I well written and articulated. How interesting having visions is. I like to know if the painting was retrieved. Nice review.
Oluwa Tomisin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluwa-tomisin.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluwa Tomisin »

I'm not a fan of art although I like pretty art and artistic things.
This story seems to have a lot of romance in it, but you seemed to have enjoyed the book.
Welldone :techie-studyingbrown:
Ibrahim Hammed
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ibrahim-hammed.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Ibrahim Hammed »

I adore art and all things related to painting, so this does look intriguing. But I'm curious how this may be turned into a compelling tale. I appreciate your review.
Mozi Ken
Currently Reading: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mozi-ken.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Mozi Ken »

This romance novel was epic for me. The chemistry between Angela and Alex was a sizzling one. I don't mind reading the sequel of this book. Good review.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

I've heard a lot about this book. It features crime, investigation and art. Da Vinci is a popular name in the world and I'll love to read this book. Thanks for an amazing review.
Slayton Natasha Tillett
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-slayton-natasha-tillett.html
Latest Review: Love and Nature/Amor y Naturaleza by Abraham Garcia

Post by Slayton Natasha Tillett »

Your vivid exploration of 'The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci' unveils a world of art, mystery, and emotion. Your attention to character development, the captivating history of the painting, and the unpredictable plot showcases the book's unique charm. A colorful cover and flawless editing make it an even more enticing read. Well-crafted insights for art and romance enthusiasts!
Kelvin Suraj
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelvin-suraj.html
Latest Review: WatchDogs Abnormal Beginnings by Mike L Junior

Post by Kelvin Suraj »

Your review is engaging although I'm not a fan of art I will give it a pass. You really did justice in breaking down the book qualities in your review. Thanks for this engaging review.
Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-malachi-chukwuebuka-nelson.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Malachi Chukwuebuka Nelson »

Nice review. I love the quality and how you broke down the qualities of this book . Thanks for this engaging review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”