Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula

Post by Goodness Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The furry family arrived in South Korea during the beautiful season of the cherry blossom with a bid for their human mom to be an international judge at a patisserie competition, but primarily to present their mom’s creation at a function.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula is the 8th installment in the Inca Cat Detective series. This 119-page book written by R.F. Kristi explores a furry family and a detective agency headed by Inca. Just after a recent trip to Sri Lanka, the family is preparing for another one to South Korea. Missy, their human mom, a reputable chef, has an invitation from a reputed French cookery school to be an international judge at a competition that involves South Korea and North Korea equally. Missy decides to use the opportunity to exhibit her new cheese creation. Their excitement paused when they experienced an act of jealousy by another famous chef and rival. Unsuccessful at the first trial, Enzo made another attempt to ruin Missy’s presentation and reputation. While in Seoul, the agency also heads on a risky mission to migrate a dear partner of their new friend, Baram, from North Korea into South Korea for a reunion. Will this mission be successful? Will Enzo succeed in ruining the exhibition? Who will win the competition? Read to find out.

There are a lot of things to like in this book. The very first is that it is not lengthy. Though it is part of a series, the book is singularly comprehensive from start to finish. It started with a brief introduction of the main characters. The book also contained beautiful descriptive pictures that helped me, as a reader, to imagine the story as I read. The book also portrayed good moral values.

If there was anything to dislike in this story, it was that Enzo was not punished accordingly for his misdeeds and attempts to ruin Missy’s reputation. I wish the organizers disciplined him accordingly. There is nothing else aside from that. The book was exceptionally well-edited; I found no errors while reading. The book was also informative. It gave understandable historical hints about the separation of North and South Korea. It also embraces and teaches the importance of peace and unity. I learned some unique differences between dogs and cats. For instance, cats care more about their looks and love to be neat. Their vision is also sharper at night. For these reasons, I rate this book five out of five stars.

I recommend this book to children and even adults who love adventure books. It is because of its simplicity, information, and good moral content.

Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

Quite interesting this book happens to be the 8th in the series this is my first read of this series and I can say I want to read more and more due to the interesting plot and storyline. Your review is amazing.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Inca remains my favorite character in this book. Her bravery is impeccable! I would love to read the other books in the series as well. Great review!
Meghan Soderholm
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: The Smartest Person in the Room
Currently Reading: Yourself
Bookshelf Size: 10605
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-meghan-soderholm.html
Latest Review: A God-Balanced Life by James Puckett Sr.
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Meghan Soderholm »

Your review of this book piqued my interest. The plot seems enticing enough to write a thorough review. Your review was honest and captivating. Excellent review.
“Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift and that is why we call it the present.” - Eleanor Roosevelt
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

I recently picked up this book and I love it. Inca's smartness and coordination is the highlight of this book. Beautiful review.
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

The reviewer does a fantastic job of capturing the essence of "Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula" by R.F. Kristi. Their description of the furry family's journey to South Korea and the intriguing plot involving a detective agency immediately caught my attention. The reviewer's mention of the book's comprehensiveness and the beautiful descriptive pictures adds to its appeal. This review has definitely made me interested in getting the book and joining the adventure.
Chee Amaka
Currently Reading: Kalayla
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chee-amaka.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Chee Amaka »

One thing I love most about this book is Missy, the pets' human mother. She greatly loves them and treats them with love and respect.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

It's quite interesting how a book about animals teaches good morals. I'm not a fan of animals or books about them but this review is intruiging enough to give this one a try. Nice review.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

I will really love to know if Enzo is finally are able to ruin to their mother's competition. What will the cats do about the sister that is stuck in North Korea. I can't wait to read this book. Amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”