Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Cresswell Henderson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cresswell-henderson.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Cresswell Henderson »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout is an incredibly inspiring and adventurous book that takes the reader on a journey through the ocean with Tina Dreffin and her family. The story tells about how fate brings Tina and her husband Peter together, their sailing adventure to Africa, which she tags the "South Pacific Expedition," and different exciting encounters throughout the journey. Tina shares their experiences, challenges, and joys from the trip, including their encounters with marine animals, weather conditions, and the different cultures they encounter along the way. I recommend you read the book to get engulfed in this wonderfully shared experience.

Bluewater Walkabout is not just a travelogue but also a story about personal growth and self-discovery. I have to commend the way Tina Dreffin gave an account of all the events that occurred, as I found it committing and satisfyingly descriptive, allowing readers to vividly imagine the stunning landscapes and experiences she encountered during her travels. The author gave very vivid descriptions of the sea, the wildlife, and the people she met along the way, which made for a truly immersive reading experience.

There is nothing I dislike about this book. I discovered no errors in the book, and it was professionally edited. Dreffin's writing style is immersive and easy to follow, making it accessible to readers of all kinds. Her personal anecdotes and reflections on her journey add depth and emotion to the story, making it more than just a mere travelogue.

One of the standout features of Bluewater Walkabout is the author's emphasis on environmentalism and conservation. Throughout the book, Dreffin expressed her love for the natural world and her concern for its preservation. This message is particularly poignant in light of the damage caused by human activity in many of the places she visited. I rate Bluewater Walkabout 5 out of 5 stars, as there's no reason to rate it any lower than I did.

Bluewater Walkabout is an inspiring memoir that will appeal to anyone with a sense of adventure and a love for the natural world. Dreffin's story is a testament to the power of family bonds. It will also inspire anyone who has been a victim of rape.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prince-oyedeji-oyeleke-jayeola.html
Latest Review: The Targeted Fictional Trilogy by DJ Chris

Post by Prince Oyedeji Oyeleke Jayeola »

Tina is a strong woman and I love how she recounted her experiences in her memoir. I look forward to going on an adventure (walkabout) too with mine some day. Well-done.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Ms. Dreffin is certainly courageous. She has done things that even people without the challenges she has faced would not do. I am glad to hear that she is so interestedin the preservation of the environment.
Oluebube Prisca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oluebube-prisca.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Oluebube Prisca »

I appreciate the story of Tina and your review shows you truly understood what this book was all about. It was inspiring to follow Tina on her journey.
Mariam Ibraheem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mariam-ibraheem.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Mariam Ibraheem »

Your enthusiasm for the book spreads quickly. I'm interested in this book because of your enthusiasm for the plot and characters.
Favour Chiedozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-chiedozie.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Favour Chiedozie »

The story centered on Tina and her husband Peter, the adventures they did together. Tina shares their experiences, challenges and joys from the trip. The review is a nice review and worth reading.
MsChet Cherry
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 34
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mschet-cherry.html
Latest Review: Snippets from a Twisted Mind by Sean O’Banion

Post by MsChet Cherry »

Tina's brevity is a source of motivation to the readers.
I commend her efforts in environmental conservation, as they voyaged round the world.
Great review!
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

I'm currently reading this. Tina and her family's adventure was a beautiful learning and growth experience. Well done for this review.
Jimmy Cyprian
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Tina's bravery to write about her past traumas like this is one that I'll forever admire. Your review is amazing by the way.
Robert Andrew
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-robert-andrew.html
Latest Review: Deceit by Vernon Baumrind

Post by Robert Andrew »

The reviewer expresses high praise for "Bluewater Walkabout," highlighting its inspiring and adventurous nature. They commend the author, Tina Dreffin, for taking readers on a captivating journey through the ocean with her family. The reviewer mentions the fateful meeting of Tina and her husband Peter, their sailing expedition to Africa, and the exciting encounters they experience along the way. The reviewer appreciates the way Tina Dreffin shares their experiences, challenges, and joys from the trip.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”