Review of A Dream For Peace

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Goodness Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-goodness-azuka.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Review of A Dream For Peace

Post by Goodness Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "A Dream For Peace" by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

In this memoir, the author talks about his upbringing, development, passion, and determination to seek independence and peace for his country.

The author was born and raised during the French colonization of Algeria. Born into a prestigious Islamic home, he lived a comfortable life and had a good education. However, Berrah faced intense discrimination and racism because he was black. The author gave the readers good information about his early life, background, and upbringing. The harsh treatment continued through primary, secondary, and tertiary institution levels. It was in his university days that Berrah started acting on his thoughts. He led a group of students to protect the rights of students who faced these oppressive issues. This movement even resulted in a strike, earning him more opponents and oppressors. Will his determination be futile? Read A Dream for Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah for his journey and experience.

This memoir comprises 644 pages and seventeen chapters. It contains a prologue in which the author's close friend introduces him and an epilogue at the end of the book. In addition, the author included a table of contents with a title for each chapter and even used pictures in the book, making it more factual. I admired his resilience in his journey and endeavors with opponents. I like the toughness that he exhibited. His life was one that is worth emulating. In his bid to fulfill his mission, the author became acquainted with many noblemen. I learned determination, positivity, and resilience from this book. One could call Berrah an ambassador of peace and even an activist.

Besides these, I was impressed that the author was acquainted with different women during his journey and mission. It gave a little break from the political aspect, which the book was almost all about. The bond and romance that existed between him and Titi were admirable. It was refreshing to know that there was another side to the author.

However, this book was lengthy; some pages were unnecessary. The book was based primarily on politics and history. It made it boring to read at some points. However, it is not a good reason to rate the book lower. I will rate this book five out of five stars. The book was enjoyable and informative. The book was exceptionally well-edited; it is void of errors.

I recommend this book to lovers of politics and history. This book is also a good one for people who feel the need to develop their positivity.

A Dream For Peace
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

Dr. Ghoulem Berrah's story is inspirational. His life emphasizes service, peace, diplomacy and most importantly, patriotism. I enjoyed reading his story alot. Nice review.
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Dr. Berrah's story in this memoir is one that'll forever be a motivation to a whole lot of us. There are still African countries that are suffering, going through one hardship or the other; I hope this gets to them. Thank you for your review.
Anabel Mack
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anabel-mack.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Anabel Mack »

Amazing book and wonderful review. I enjoyed every bit of it. Like the author, you have such a unique writing style. Keepp it up!
Nathaniel Sarah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nathaniel-sarah.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Nathaniel Sarah »

The reviewer's mention of the book's length and the heavy focus on politics and history demonstrates their honest perspective. Despite finding certain parts less engaging, they still recognize the book's value and refrain from letting it negatively impact their rating. This fair evaluation reflects their commitment to providing an objective review.
Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo
Currently Reading: Fireproof Happiness
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aremu-titilopemi-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Aremu Titilopemi Funmilayo »

I believe this book is good medicine for our souls sometimes, I just wished, the book wasn't this long because not everyone likes to read, not to talk of reading a very long book. Great review by the way.
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

Of course, Ghoulem Berrah passed through trials like every legend did. This is an amazing review. I am looking forward to reading this book again to get inspired from Dr Ghoulem Berrah's story.
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

I love books like this that speak on revolution. The life of Dr. Ghoulem Berrah is something I look forward to reading in detail. Beautiful review.
Sarah Kate Smith
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-kate-smith.html
Latest Review: Ultimate Prepared Bug-In Guide by S.Lee

Post by Sarah Kate Smith »

In A Dream for Peace by Dr. Berrah, he talks about his upbringing and his passion and determination, or pursuit, for peace and freedom.
Kene Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kene-active.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Kene Active »

I wish the world still have more people like Dr. Berrah, the world will be a better place then. It is also good to know that Berrah was attached to women. Nice review.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

I love reading books about legends and phenomenal people. I love getting inspired from their success stories, starting from their trials. I am looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

I love reading books about legends and phenomenal people. I love getting inspired from their success stories, starting from their trials. I am looking forward to reading this book. Amazing review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”