Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chrystal Paris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-paris.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Review of Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise

Post by Chrystal Paris »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise" by John K Danenbarger.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

"Entanglement, as a part of quantum physics, tells us that two particles can be directly connected even across vast distances." In this case, lives, not particles, are intertwined. They all have a part to play in each other's existence.

Geena receives a letter from Joe, a close friend of her family, informing her of the death of her father, Kelvin. She is vexed, not due to the heartbreaking news but because Joe has hinted that he is leaving. Joe had saved her mother, Beth Sturgess, a sixteen-year-old at the time, who had run away from home and made a living as a prostitute, and nursed her back to health. Beth later becomes a nurse and marries Kelvin. Twenty years later, he loses his partner, Martin, in an accident. They reunite in this unfortunate turn of events.

This book is impressively compelling. I have never quite read anything like it. The characters were fully and impeccably developed, and the book was delivered with rich vocabulary. I love the fact that I got to learn some new words. This book tries to explain the ripple effect—how one action can affect other lives. The book has great lessons and is packed with themes of love, murder and physics.

The narration was not straightforward, and it threatened to throw me into confusion. It later dawned on me that each chapter was related, even though it didn't seem so. Kelvin's character was so dark that he killed anyone who annoyed or irritated him. Davis, his adopted son, had the same vice. I found only one error in the entirety of this book. This indicates that the book was professionally edited. I did not dislike anything about this book. The book totally captured my interest.

I rate Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K. Danenbarger 5 out of 5 stars. I did not find any reason to rate it lower. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. There are several instances of profanity in this book, so it is better suited for mature audiences. I recommend this book to audiences who fancy science fiction, crime, love, and drama.

Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chrystal Paris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chrystal-paris.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Chrystal Paris »

Please I need your thoughts on my review. Thank you
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

Thank you Chrystal for the wonderful review! This book was the great puzzle that fell in place towards the end. I have read it and agree that Kevin and Davis share the same vices. I would like to see what the Answer is to the unification theory.
***Golden Principle***
To get comments, you should start by leaving comments on other reviews.
This way the reviewer will surely come to check out your review, and if they feel like sharing their thoughts, they'll leave a comment.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”