Review of Terms of Service

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Review of Terms of Service

Post by Favour Hillz »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Terms of Service" by Craig W. Stanfill.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Ever considered what it might be like to live in a technologically driven world? And in a world where artificial intelligence controls human activity, this book by Craig W. Stanfill, Terms of Service: Subject to Change Without Notice, elucidates a typical technological world driven by artificial intelligence.

This book describes a world of technology where artificial intelligence governs the majority of human activity. The main character, Kim, works at an artificial intelligence company where employees are assigned jobs based on their rewards. Additionally, decisions about where to live, what to eat, and bus seating were all based on social merit awards. Generally, AIs control human activities and what is allotted to workers. Kim led a monotonous and lonely life before learning new things about herself and discovering the world outside the artificial intelligence-manipulated world. Kim is assigned a challenging mission to build an AI as a test that will define her status and future in the organization. Will she be successful in completing the task? Read this book to find out whether the task was accomplished or not.

The fantastic plot of this science fiction book demonstrates the author's imagination. The author's compelling storyline kept me invested in the book, and I eagerly anticipated the next exciting chapter. It seems like my interest in the book increased as I continued reading. The scene where Kim was to interrogate her AI was one of my favorites; the scenario was interesting, even though it was difficult to tell who the real Kim was. Additionally, I could follow along with the author's visuals, and the book had a lot of imagination. I will also commend the author's unique ways of concluding each chapter, which I find impressive. Although this book is about technology, I found it educational too as I learned new things, especially about AI.

This book is a wonderful piece by Craig W. Stanfill. I find the fictional world created by the author in this book incredible, and it was beautiful imagining this world. Despite some of the author's ambiguous language, which frequently had me reaching for my dictionary, I still enjoyed reading this book. Although I didn't like the sexuality in this book, I will still rate it 5 out of 5 stars because I still enjoyed reading it. This book contains no errors; however, it was exceptionally well-edited.

I suggest this book to everyone interested in learning new things and who enjoys reading books about technology.

Terms of Service
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon | on iTunes
Jimmy Cyprian
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jimmy-cyprian.html
Latest Review: VROOM! Barry, Kari and the Power Boost! by William G Wilberforce III

Post by Jimmy Cyprian »

Kim, a human, interrogated an AI? Wow! I love how intriguing your review is; I'm having the feeling that this book would resonate well with me. Thank you for your review.
Jane Honda
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jane-honda.html
Latest Review: Niching Up by Chris Dreyer

Post by Jane Honda »

For me this book discusses the future. Technology advancement is fast overtaking the conventional things used in our works and homes. This book is an interesting book about AI
Temi Book
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 75
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-temi-book.html
Latest Review: Black Wing Sky by Kaylin McFarren

Post by Temi Book »

I love the concept of this book. It involve ma the world of human and AI. In what way did Kim go against the rules? I’ll love to know. Nice review!
Silvia Idahosa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-silvia-idahosa.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Silvia Idahosa »

I cannot imagine a world where all of my actions are controlled and monitored. It seems like a suffocating way to live. I've read this book, and I agree that the author's descriptions created great visuals for readers. Nice review.
Tiwo Dammy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tiwo-dammy.html
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud

Post by Tiwo Dammy »

I love Kim and the way she was dedicated to her job impressed me. Your enthusiasm for the book is contagious. Your excitement about the story and characters has piqued my interest in this book.
Latest Review: Shitolian by O Persaud
Olivia Reads
Currently Reading: Terms of Service
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivia-reads.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Olivia Reads »

I have read Terms of Service and it paints the perfect picture of a dystopian world where human actions are controlled and sanctioned. Nice review.
Sinachi Azuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sinachi-azuka.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by Sinachi Azuka »

I will like to read this book. It seems to talk about AI and it's advantages. It buttresses topics on technology. Thanks for writing well. I enjoyed reading this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”