Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Soma Ezenwanne
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-soma-ezenwanne.html
Latest Review: The Legend of Prism: The Pegasus Who Painted the Sky Rainbow by Brad W. Blue

Review of Zona: The Forbidden Land

Post by Soma Ezenwanne »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Zona: The Forbidden Land" by Fred G. Baker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

A young doctor who goes by the name Grant Taylor arrives in Russia at his uncle's house, which he inherited after his uncle was declared dead. On his day of arrival, he heard a noise as he entered the house, and he moved towards the sound and met a strange man going through his uncle's documents. When the stranger noticed him, he ran away after pushing Grant to the floor.

Grant is eager to know why the intruder must be going through his uncle's documents, and he comes across a picture of Uncle Randal with the lawyer who handled the probate process in Russia by the name of Boris Ustinov. He was also introduced to Irina, the lawyer's niece, and she was to help him get acquainted with his new property. As events unfold, Grant decides to go find his uncle as he decides to journey to a mysterious land called Zona. Get the book Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker to know if Grant Taylor was successful in his mission to find his uncle.

As I started reading this book, it gradually met all the qualities that I liked in an adventure story. Everything seemed to be just right, from the pace of the plot to the character development, the switching of scenes, the overall impression of the storyline, and so on.

While I read this book, I also noticed that the author was indirect in his style of suspense. There was also seamless switching of scenes, and this made understanding the storyline very easy.

I did not dislike anything about the book. The ideology of Grant having to experience beasts, mammoths, and other wild animals was very creative of Fred because this is what makes it an adventurous experience.
I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because of the things I liked about it. While reading this book, I didn't encounter any errors, which shows that Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker was exceptionally well edited. I recommend this book to readers who are fans of books with a lot of mysteries.

Zona: The Forbidden Land
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Ucposh301
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ucposh301.html
Latest Review: Snatched Up to Heaven for Kids by Jemima Paul, Arvind Paul

Post by Ucposh301 »

The stranger pushing Grant to the floor wasn't a great scene. Grant's search for his uncle after inheriting his uncle's property was out of his curious nature, which was another adventure all together for him to witness.
Christopher Andersons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris1-anderson.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Christopher Andersons »

The review's mention of the book's unique premise and well-structured narrative suggests that it is a standout in the genre.
Rose Lineani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-lineani.html
Latest Review: Launchpad Republic by Howard Wolk and John Landry

Post by Rose Lineani »

The idea of an uncharted land that defies the laws of nature is a unique and intriguing premise that sets up many possibilities for the narrative.
Willie Wilsons
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-willie-wilsons.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Willie Wilsons »

The fact that the book is well-edited and free of errors suggests that the author is dedicated to producing high-quality work.
Neto Chukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-neto-chukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Neto Chukwu »

Baker's vivid descriptions and masterful world-building transport you to the heart of the forbidden land, where every page is filled with suspense and unexpected twists.
Osakwe Precious
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-precious.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Osakwe Precious »

The author's attention to detail and meticulous world-building create a captivating atmosphere that immerses readers in the heart of the Zona. This is a well detailed and excellent review.
Sandra Osita-Orah
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sandra-ebere-ent.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Sandra Osita-Orah »

Wow, what a thrilling start to Grant's adventure in Russia! That unexpected encounter with the mysterious stranger sets the stage for an awesome exploration of his inherited house.
Ohanele Chinonyerem
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ohanele-chinonyerem.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Ohanele Chinonyerem »

I liked the dedication of Grant to find his uncle and this is something I commend about people. It takes love to sacrifice or take risks for someone.
Victory Ositaorah
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victory-ositaorah.html
Latest Review: Stars in Our Hearts by Kylie Welch

Post by Victory Ositaorah »

I really enjoyed reading this review and I liked the fact that this book is based on adventure which is one of my best considerations in selecting books and keep on writing good reviews.
Ojiaku Uche Charles
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ojiaku-uche-charles.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Ojiaku Uche Charles »

I like the plot of this book and the creativity in the imagination of Fred in this book and I believe that these are the qualities that constitute a good writing.
Osakwe Favour
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 63
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-osakwe-favour.html
Latest Review: The Legacy of Job's Wife by Cynthia Koelker

Post by Osakwe Favour »

I was drawn into the book from the very first page, and the author's storytelling prowess made it impossible to put down.glad that this book met your standards for an adventurous novel!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”