Review of Unicorns Know Magic

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of Unicorns Know Magic

Post by Success Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Unicorns Know Magic" by Charles Adkins.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Unicorns Know Magic is a book written by Charles Adkins and illustrated by Ros Webb. It is about two siblings and a family of unicorns who just moved in as neighbors. The family of unicorns, four in number, came from the stars and have also traveled to the moon and Mars. The names of the unicorns are Abby, Georgia, Bitsy, and Chase. Bitsy, a female unicorn, could stand on her head all day, and her brother, Chase, could play the guitar and sing any song. Abby and Georgia also had talents they exhibited. The two siblings ate, played, and cooked with the unicorns. They also visited the Queen in London and paraded with the guards there.

Unicorns Know Magic by Charles Adkins is a 37-page children’s book. This book is colorful, with a story that teaches one to be friendly to everyone. The book spoke about two siblings whose names the author did not mention. The author wrote the story such that the brother narrated it. The illustrator added clear and vibrant photos to showcase the storyline.

The story shows a friendly environment where some unicorns who visited the earth met two siblings. The unicorns, who knew when someone was happy or sad, were very happy when the two siblings took great care of them. When the unicorns grew wild, the siblings did not get angry at them. It was so touching. I enjoyed reading this book. It was a short and intriguing book. The book was exceptionally well-edited, as I encountered no errors while reading.

However, I was not impressed with the text size the author used. I found it hard to read what was on each page with the colorful illustrations used. The author should have made the font bigger and clearer since it was a children’s book. It will be stressful for younger readers to read the book without straining their eyes. I had to deduct a mark from the perfect rating I wanted to give the book. Therefore, I rate this book four out of five stars for the delicate negative reason mentioned above.

I recommend this book for bedtime stories. The book is suitable for young readers. However, older readers can also learn from this book.

Unicorns Know Magic
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Uche Active
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uche-active.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Uche Active »

This book has a colorful and children like cover page. Thanks to the reviewer for putting up an honest review. I think children will enjoy the plot of this book.
Helen Chizzy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-helen-chizzy.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Helen Chizzy »

This is quite an interesting review. I recommend it to children who enjoy animal stories especially unicorns. Children who also enjoy colourful books can also check it out.
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This will be a perfect read for children. I could feel the radiance of how colourful this book could be just by reading your review. I also adore the author for coming up with an amazing storyline. Nice review!
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

From the look of the cover page, the book promises to be very colorful and interesting. I am looking forward to reading this book. Thanks for the invite through your review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”