Review of WIND

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Success Azuka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-success-azuka.html
Latest Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Review of WIND

Post by Success Azuka »

[Following is a volunteer review of "WIND" by Ellen Dee Davidson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Katie, a young child of her parents, got heartbroken when she found out about her parents’ plan to divorce. While battling with her problems in school, a tree speaks to her. The tree, who could only talk to Katie because she was the only one who could hear it, begged her to tell the school to stop cutting her parts anymore. Katie, a weird girl to everyone except her friend Amy, relayed the message to the teacher but got scolded. As she and Amy reach home, they meet another strange reaction from her cat, Sasha. They kept ignoring the cat until an earthquake occurred, and Katie found herself with a creature named Za. Za, who also lost his way, discovers they are far away from home. Katie finds it hard to believe she might never see her parents again. Do Katie and Za return to their worlds? Read this book to find out.

WIND by Ellen Dee Davidson is a children’s book about a young girl’s adventure in an unfamiliar world. This book focused on magical beings and trees. The author started the story immediately and dived into the full details.

I had a great time reading this book. There was no suspense, but the storyline was great, and it felt like I was watching a movie. I enjoyed reading the part where Katie and Za met a dragon and a horse.

However, there were some things I disliked about this book. I could not find the front cover. The author placed the pages of the book side by side, which restricted my reading flow. I had to zoom in, read, and zoom out to look for the next page. It was stressful, as the book was not lengthy, so I saw no need for the author’s action. The book was also professionally edited, as I found one error while reading. Therefore, I rate this book four out of five stars for the negative reasons mentioned.

I recommend this book to lovers of fantasy and fictional novels. The book is suitable for all ages of readers, but most especially for younger readers.

WIND
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Favour Hillz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-favour-hillz.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Favour Hillz »

This book has a unique storyline and theme. You can't predict anything about the book until you read it. Young people will definitely enjoy the fantasy in this book. Thanks for the review.
Uchechi uk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uchechi-uk.html
Latest Review: Swimming in a Sea of Stars by Julie Wright

Post by Uchechi uk »

Wow... So Katie can speak to inanimate objects? This is amazing. This book promises adventure, thrills and drama. I am looking forward to be entertained by this book.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”