Review of The Unbound Soul

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Terrine Wild
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lakaka.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Review of The Unbound Soul

Post by Terrine Wild »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Unbound Soul" by Richard L. Haight.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sometimes, an encounter with Jesus is all that is needed to change a man's life. We learned this in the life of the apostle Paul, and now Richard L. Haight, in his memoir The Unbound Soul: A Visionary Guide to Spiritual Transformation and Enlightenment, has shown us the importance of an encounter with Jesus.

When the author was eight years old, he met Jesus in a dream, and this would lead him to lead a life full of learning, teaching, and adventures. He elaborates on the importance of meditation, exercise, and healthy eating. The author developed different dancing therapies as well as martial art techniques that could be combined with meditation. He made trips to the Amazon to learn the ways of its people and also went to Japan to unlock the key to martial arts. Although the author is a skilled martial artist, he gave accounts of how he hilariously escaped a mugging without deploying his combat skills. 

This was an informative memoir, and I enjoyed it a lot. The author told a good story in this book, beginning with his autobiography at the start and gradually branching into other topics about life. I enjoyed how he taught about healthy eating and its importance. This book inspired me so much that I am now willing to change my diet to a much healthier one, all thanks to this book. I also liked how the author added humor while telling his stories; this added life to his book and made it fun to read. 

I found nothing lacking in this book, as it was written superbly. I was flabbergasted by some of the author's martial art techniques, and I'm curious to try them out. 

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. I enjoyed it a lot and found nothing depleting about it. This compels me to give it a perfect rating rather than deduct a star or two. This book was perfectly edited, as I could not find any grammatical errors in it. I recommend this book to people interested in martial arts and a healthy diet.

The Unbound Soul
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Victor Francis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-francis.html
Latest Review: LIT by Mark Anthony

Post by Victor Francis »

I like how the reviewer portrayed some points. It made me see this book with a different perspective. I was in awe of how well the review was. Congratulations on a job well done.
Latest Review: LIT by Mark Anthony
Jakub Bystrowski
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jakub-bystrowski.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Jakub Bystrowski »

I like how the reviewer portrayed some points. It made me see this book with a different perspective. I was in awe of how well the review was. Congratulations on a job well done.
Fentykasia
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fentykasia.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Fentykasia »

This review is a work of art, just like the book. I was engrossed and wanted more after reading. I enjoyed reading this review and I wish the author good luck.
Nneka Maureen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nneka-maureen.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nneka Maureen »

I like the introduction to this review. It highlights how slilled the reviewer is as a writer. I wish success to the reviewer on future reviews. Congratulations on a job well done.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”