Review of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Victor Francis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victor-francis.html
Latest Review: LIT by Mark Anthony

Review of The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid

Post by Victor Francis »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid" by Gary Robinson.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Change is a constant but scary thing. It takes guts to forge a new path in life, especially when no one believes in you. The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson is a book that focuses on the lives of Duke Reynolds and Gary Robinson.

Duke leaves his home at the age of 15 to go fend for himself. He joins the circus, where he learns the act of sword swallowing. As a sword swallower, he performs in the circus, and many are wowed by his act. He meets Gary, and his life is changed forever.

I liked the art of sword swallowing. I never heard about it before, and I had to go watch some videos about it. I was amazed by what I saw. It takes skill, precision, and guts to perform the act. There were moments I thought Duke would die while performing. The book made me go through so many emotions in a short time. Duke's character was brave and lived life to the fullest. He taught me to live by the day and not worry about things I can't control.

I didn't like that the author divided the book. The wait to read about the Chico kid was tiring. The author should have blended their stories instead of writing them individually. Some of the stories told were unnecessary and were just used to fill the plot. For these reasons, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars.

The book was well-written, and the story was full of suspense. I found no grammatical errors in the book; it shows how well-edited the book is. This book is full of adventure, and the story is entertaining. I recommend this book to those who love books about adventure and drama. I also recommend this book to those who love the circus.

The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: LIT by Mark Anthony
Rendell Vosson
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rendell-vosson.html
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr

Post by Rendell Vosson »

I enjoyed reading this review. The review showed me the book feom another perspective. I congratulate the reviewer for making me understand the book better.
Latest Review: Roan by E. R. Barr
Janet Mandy
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-mandy.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Post by Janet Mandy »

I enjoyed reading this review. The review showed me the book from another perspective. I congratulate the reviewer for making me understand the book better. It is exciting.
Nneka Maureen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nneka-maureen.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Nneka Maureen »

The review showed me that one can have more than one perspective about a book. It also speaks to how suspenseful the book is. Congratulations on a job well done.
Tina Anazodo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10

Post by Tina Anazodo »

I enjoyed reading this review. It was fun to read ad I was entertained while reading. The review showed me a lot of things about entertainment. I was really entertained.
Sabigirl_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sabigirl.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Sabigirl_ »

I enjoyed reading this review. It was fun to read ad I was entertained while reading. The review showed me a lot of things about entertainment. I was really entertained.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”