Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinazo Anozie
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Review of The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

[Following is a volunteer review of "The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci" by Belle Ami.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami is a romantic thriller that follows an art historian, Angela Renatus, and her connection with some of the celebrated people of the Renaissance era. The story starts in the throes of World War II, and we see a young couple, Sophia and Gerhard, fleeing the German invasion of Florence, Italy. The story then shifts to Angela in 2018, who has been having very vivid dreams of the Medici family and even Leonardo Da Vinci. What’s the connection between Angela and all these people? To add more flavour to the story, Angela meets Alex, an art detective, and the chemistry between them is instantaneous. They will have to solve the mystery of their connection with each other, as well as some past events, or be doomed to watch history repeat itself.

This book was a delightful read, and I enjoyed the author’s vivid descriptions of art, history, and Italian cuisine. I was immediately hooked from the beginning and couldn’t wait to learn how Sophia and Gerhard were connected to Angela and Alex. The buildup to the reveal is exquisite, and there are no plot holes when the author finally reveals all. I also enjoyed the smattering of Italian scattered throughout the book, especially when reading the Renaissance-era dialogues; they flowed naturally and felt authentic. The only minor setback was that the romantic dialogues were a bit cheesy, but this did not detract, in any way, from my reading experience. There were also a few errors, but they were not enough to affect its rating.

I thoroughly enjoyed this book, so I’ll give it a rating of 5 out of 5 stars. Romance fans will get a thrill out of this book. However, it contains mature content, which may not be suitable for some readers.

The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Chris Agbara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 153
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chris-agbara.html
Latest Review: Almost Everything You Wanted To Know About Tickling by Duncan Taub

Post by Chris Agbara »

The blend of romance, history, and art in this thrilling tale sounds absolutely captivating. The vivid descriptions and authentic portrayal of Renaissance-era dialogues add depth and immerse the reader in the story. The connection between the characters across different time periods adds an intriguing layer of mystery. I'm excited to explore the rich tapestry of art, history, and romance in this book!
The difference between taking and giving, and taking and not giving is the difference between life and death.
Blackstenius
Favorite Book: The Magician's Secret
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blackstenius.html
Latest Review: Amora by Grant Hallstrom

Post by Blackstenius »

I'd love to know the connection between Angela and Da Vinci. And also the connection between Angela and Alex and Sofia and Gerhard. Thank you for this nice review.
The gift turned out to be a curse. They killed him with kindness.
Sarah Zain
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

The mix of all this aspects romance , history and art is attracts to read and it appears from your review that you enjoyed the book.
Reading your review was interesting and refreshing.
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 310
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Little Golf Bag Book by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

Chris Agbara wrote: 11 May 2023, 12:26 The blend of romance, history, and art in this thrilling tale sounds absolutely captivating. The vivid descriptions and authentic portrayal of Renaissance-era dialogues add depth and immerse the reader in the story. The connection between the characters across different time periods adds an intriguing layer of mystery. I'm excited to explore the rich tapestry of art, history, and romance in this book!
Happy reading, Chris. I hope you enjoy it!
Kelly Tunstall
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kelly-tunstall.html
Latest Review: Grand Slam Life by Milton Haber, M.D.

Post by Kelly Tunstall »

I enjoyed the idea behind this book very much. I didn't enjoy it quite as much as you did though. I felt a lot of it was unnecessarily repetitive which I found frustrating.
Clinton kur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clinton-kur.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Clinton kur »

The Girl who knew Da Vinci is a masterful exploration of art and its connection to the human soul. It's a beautiful journey through history, creativity and great review though!
Bola Sharon
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bola-sharon.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Post by Bola Sharon »

Great review.

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”