Review of Bluewater Walkabout

This forum is for volunteer reviews by members of our review team. These reviews are done voluntarily by the reviewers and are published in this forum, separate from the official professional reviews. These reviews are kept separate primarily because the same book may be reviewed by many different reviewers.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinedum Chijioke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinedum-chijioke.html
Latest Review: Lead-Er-Ship by William Canary

Review of Bluewater Walkabout

Post by Chinedum Chijioke »

[Following is a volunteer review of "Bluewater Walkabout" by Tina Dreffin.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin is an engaging novel that chronicles the author’s trips and escapades. Throughout the book, Tina primarily recounts her family’s thrilling journey to Africa, while also sharing insights into their travels to other parts of the world. The narrative is skillfully interwoven with Tina’s personal backstory, which takes readers through the challenges she faced as a younger person and the adventures she undertook. Additionally, her writing gives us a glimpse of the challenges she encountered as a parent.

The book provides vivid descriptions of the adventures, including the good, the bad, the scary, and the truly ugly. I found this to be particularly engaging as it increased my immersion and interest in reading more. In several instances, the suspense was also heightened. Tina’s ability to deftly interweave her past experiences into the narrative is a pure masterpiece. It did not detract from the overall reading experience but rather encouraged me to read further and complete the book.

I highly appreciated the clear and detailed descriptions of the animals featured in the book, which allowed me to gain a deeper understanding of their biology. Consequently, I can say that I am now more knowledgeable about some creatures, thanks to this book. The family tales shared in the book also showcased some values that I admired and would like to replicate in my own life. This added to the book’s educative value, further cementing my appreciation for it.

While I did spot a couple of grammar errors in the book, they did not significantly interrupt the flow of the narrative or prevent me from enjoying it. However, I do believe that the book could have benefited from more thorough editing. Therefore, I rate the book four out of five. The single-point deduction from the rating is due to the errors encountered, which suggests that the book was not adequately edited.

Overall, I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy thrilling and adventurous stories. It is sure to be a captivating and enjoyable read.

Bluewater Walkabout
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Sarah Zain
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Wutheing heights
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sarah-zain.html
Latest Review: The Artificial Intelligence Rights and Responsibilities Act” by Alton Booth

Post by Sarah Zain »

It's interesting when you could describe a personal experiences in a good narrative, and from your review it is the case here. Well written review
Life is hard on its own so let's make it easier for each other if we could.
Elina Tshabalala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-elina-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Elina Tshabalala »

I have also read this book and agree with your review. Thanks for a great review!

Return to “Volunteer Reviews”